Scott P. Greiner
Recognized since 2022
Trusts and Estates
As an experienced tax attorney, Scott counsels clients on how to effectively structure their business, oil and gas, and real estate ventures, as well as insulate wealth from transfer taxes.
Scott has both the knowledge and vision to assist business owners, oil and gas executives and their families in accumulating and preserving long-term business and personal wealth. He provides invaluable guidance on selecting tax-advantageous business entities, identifying opportunities to increase after-tax income, structuring deferred and reverse like-kind exchanges, planning business expansions and acquisitions, and transferring wealth generationally in a tax-wise manner.
As part of his comprehensive business counsel, Scott advises clients on methodologies to attract and retain employees through a variety of tax-deferred compensation arrangements: incentive stock options, nonqualified stock options, phantom equity plans, and nonqualified deferred compensation arrangements. To maximize investment, Scott devises business continuity plans for transitioning businesses to key employees or younger family members and also develops innovative exit strategies in cases of sales to third parties. When needed, Scott is a vigorous advocate for his clients in resolving tax disputes before the Internal Revenue Service, the U.S. Tax Court, and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
With an eye towards security and stability, Scott assists clients with their estate and business planning needs through creative income, estate, and gift tax strategies. One area of special interest is the establishment of limited family partnerships and devising estate freezing transactions. He also assists clients with their philanthropic objectives through the formation of private family foundations, as well as charitable lead and charitable remainder trusts.
Scott frequently writes and lectures on a variety of sophisticated tax topics and provides expert witness testimony on tax matters. He has authored extensive course materials for CLE of Colorado, Inc., National Business Institute, Inc., Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council, Greater Denver Tax Counsel’s Association, ING-Security Life of Denver, and National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts. He also has written several articles for The Colorado Lawyer, Denver Business Journal, and Denver Real Estate Journal.
- Direct Phone Number: 303-292-2900
- Phone Number: 303-292-2900
- Lawyer Page: https://www.moyewhite.com/professionals/scott-p-greiner-ll-m-tax
- 1400 Sixteenth Street, Sixth Floor
Denver, CO 80202-1486
- University of Denver, LL.M., graduated 1983
- Tulane University, J.D., graduated 1982
- Tulane University, B.A., graduated 1979
- Colorado, 1985
- North Dakota, 2014
- Colorado Bar Association - Tax Section, Former Executive Council; Trust Section; Estate Section
- Greater Denver Tax Counsel’s Association - Former President
- Rocky Mountain Estate Planning Council - Member
- Vistage Trusted Advisor - Advisor
27 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
18 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Tax Law
- Trusts and Estates
- 5280 Magazine, Denver Five Star Wealth Manager, Taxation, 2009 - 2013
- Law Week Colorado, People's Choice "Barrister's Best” Tax Lawyer 2019
- Martindale-Hubbell Rating: AV® Preeminent™ (highest)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.