For more information, please visit www.gibsondunn.com/lawyer/brown-jessica/.
Recognized in:Employment Law - ManagementLitigation - Labor and Employment
Location:1801 California Street, Suite 4200Denver, CO 80202-2642
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Employment Law - Management, Denver (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
Recent Representative Matters
- Representing a large financial institution in connection with a global government investigation.
- Representing a New York hedge fund in connection with a trade secret misappropriation case.
- Representing a health care data analytics company in connection with a contract dispute.
- Representing a hospital chain in connection with class claims asserted on a nation-wide basis under the ADA.
- Represented a large national employer in connection with class claims for alleged gender discrimination in pay and promotion practices on a nation-wide basis.
- Represented an IRA custodial trustee in connection with class claims for aiding and abetting a Ponzi scheme and defrauding customers in breach of alleged contractual and fiduciary duties.
- Represented a well-known restaurant chain in connection with ongoing trademark, trade dress, and copyright infringement issues.
- Represented a franchisee in connection with matters relating to noncompete and nonsolicitation agreements.
- Represented a national car dealership in a collective action for alleged failure to pay overtime/misclassification under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Represented a large retailer in connection with state-wide allegations of overtime violations under the FLSA and state law.
Recent Representative Presentations and Publications
- “Women, Leadership, and the Law” Presentation for the National Women Law Students’ Organization, March 2014.
- “2014 Mid-Year Electronic Discovery Update” Gibson Dunn Client Alert, July 2014
- “The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law” updated November 2013
- “2012 Year-End Electronic Discovery and Information Law Update” Gibson Dunn Client Alert, January 2013
- “Dispelling Myths & Addressing Bias” Presentation for the Center for Legal Inclusiveness CLE Expo, November 2012.
- “Hiring a Competitor’s Employees: Avoiding Legal Pitfalls” Panelist, Strafford Publications Teleconference, July 2012.
- “Dodd-Frank Whistleblower Protections and Incentives” Presentation for the Colorado Employment Law Conference, May 2012.
- “Reduced Hours Policies” Presentation for the Colorado Bar Association, March 2012.
- “2011 Mid-Year Electronic Discovery Update” Gibson Dunn Client Alert, July 2011
- “Colorado Supreme Court Decides Case Affecting Noncompetition Agreements” Co-authored with Brian Baak, Colorado Law Weekly, June 2011.
- “Balanced Hours: From Theory to Practice” Panelist, Presentation for the CLI Legal Inclusiveness and Diversity Summit, March 2011.
- “Social Media Marketing Worth The Risk?” Co-authored with Scott Campbell, Law Partnership & Benefits Report, November 2010.
- “Social Media Policies in the Workplace.” Co-presented with Chris Leh of Littler Mendelson at the Rocky Mountain Intellectual Property Institute, June 2010.
- “Top Ten Mistakes in Conducting Workplace Investigations.” Co-presented with Todd McNamara at the 2010 Colorado Employment Law Conference, May 2010.
Lawyer Practice Areas
20 Office Locations
in 10 Countries