Recognized since 2007
Banking and Finance Law
Financial Services Regulation Law
Litigation - Banking and Finance
Tom Bieging is of counsel with the firm.
He focuses his practice in the areas of banking and commercial litigation. Mr. Bieging’s financial institutions practice includes holding company and change of control applications, loan documentation, regulatory compliance advice, loan work outs, board representation, and the sale, acquisition, and merger of banks and bank holding companies.
Mr. Bieging has litigated with government agencies on financial institution policy matters with national implications. His extensive financial institution regulatory practice includes the negotiation of regulatory agreements, business and capital plans, acquisitions, and chartering. He also has been involved in administrative trials relating to cease and desist orders and civil money penalty proceedings.
Mr. Bieging has extensive trial experience in commercial litigation. He has tried cases to juries and courts on such diverse topics as RICO, securities fraud, director and officer liability, professional liability, lender liability, construction contracts, corporate governance, and trademark infringement. He has also served as an arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association and as counsel to professional review committees in the health services industry.
In addition to his client work, Mr. Bieging has lectured extensively on many banking law topics. He served as an instructor for the Western States School of Banking. He also served as counsel to the Colorado Privacy Task Force, an organization chartered by the Colorado legislature to develop legislative strategies in high technology areas.
Mr. Bieging has been named to The Best Lawyers in America© every year since 2007 and has been recognized for his work in Banking and Finance Law, Commercial Litigation, Financial Services Regulation Law, and Litigation-Banking and Finance. Best Lawyers® also named Mr. Bieging a “Lawyer of the Year” in 2011 (Banking and Finance Law), 2014 (Financial Services Regulation Law), and 2016 (Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law).
Mr. Bieging was named to the list of Colorado Super Lawyers 2010-2016 in the practice areas of Banking and Business Litigation.
Denver’s top lifestyle publication, 5280 magazine, named Mr. Bieging to its list of Top Lawyers in the “Banking” category in both 2015 and 2016.
Mr. Bieging has an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest rating in legal ability and ethical standards.
He is a graduate of the Georgetown University Law Center and received his Bachelor of Science from the Georgia Institute of Technology.
- 7979 East Tufts Avenue, Suite 1600
Denver, CO 80237
- Georgetown University, J.D.
- Georgia Institute of Technology, BS
- Colorado, United States
- Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth and Tenth Circuit
- Colorado, U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- Banking and Finance Law, Denver (2021)
- Banking and Finance Law, Denver (2018)
- Banking and Finance Law, Denver (2016)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Denver (2016)
- Financial Services Regulation Law, Denver (2014)
- Banking and Finance Law, Denver (2011)
- Banking and Finance Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell®
- 5280 magazine, Top Lawyers award, “Banking” category, 2015 - 2018
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2007 - 2019
- Best Lawyers “Lawyer of the Year” 2011 (Banking and Finance Law), 2014 (Financial Services Regulation Law), 2016 (Banking and Finance Law and Financial Services Regulation Law), 2018 (Banking and Finance Law)
- Colorado Super Lawyers 2010-2018, Banking and Business Litigation.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.