Methodology & Process
Peer Reviewed, Through and Through.
Best Lawyers has employed the same transparent methodology for more than 40 years. We are Purely Peer Review®.
- A nominee is a person who has been submitted for consideration to be recognized for their legal talent in one of our Best Lawyers' editions.
- Nominees will appear on voter ballots for confidential peer evaluation.
- Nominees for Best Lawyers will be asked to participate in the peer evaluation process in the next research cycle once they receive enough positive reviews from their peers and are recognized by Best Lawyers for their top legal talent. All nominees for "Ones to Watch" are invited to vote on their peers.
- Nominations can be submitted online or through email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A person currently recognized for their talent in the legal industry in either our Best Lawyers or "Ones to Watch" editions.
- Recognized lawyers are automatically re-nominated for the next Best Lawyers research cycle.
- Recognized lawyers are asked to provide confidential evaluation of their peers through our voting process.
- Recognized lawyers appear at no cost in our regional magazines and partner publications. Additional marketing opportunities are available to recognized lawyers.