Recognized since 2021
Family Law Arbitration
Elizabeth practices exclusively in family law, having served hundreds of clients during her tenure with their divorces, parenting, and child support cases. Elizabeth’s family law practice has focused on asset and business valuation, income valuation, complex divorce, parental responsibilities, child relocation, and child support matters, among others. Elizabeth speaks both Spanish and Italian and uses these skills to assist non-native speakers in navigating through domestic matters.
Elizabeth’s outstanding legal work and professionalism has been recognized by her selection for inclusion in The Best Lawyers In America© 2021 and 2022 for her practice in the areas of Family Law and Family Law Arbitration, her selection as a Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star” for each year from 2017-2022, by the judicial officers of Arapahoe County, who invited her to serve on their Best Practices Committee, and by Law Week Colorado, who named her as one of only seven “Up and Coming Lawyers” for 2015.
Elizabeth graduated from the University of Colorado Law School with Honors in Juvenile and Family Law. Elizabeth practiced family law for seven years at Griffiths Law PC, and was a partner at the firm from January, 2017 through July, 2019, joining the GEM family on August 1, 2019. She received additional family law experience as a law clerk to Judge Norman D. Haglund on the domestic docket in Denver District Court, at Boulder County Legal Services, and clerking at a Denver area family law firm.
Elizabeth trained in trial advocacy under Colorado Supreme Court Justice Nancy Rice (Ret.) and displays confidence and poise in the courtroom, having run many hearings and trials. However, she is also a firm believer in mediation and alternative dispute resolution, assisting clients in settling matters before they reach the courthouse. Elizabeth is trained in Collaborative Law, whereby parties commit to resolving their dissolution of marriage cooperatively and without the court’s involvement.
Contact & Links
- 650 South Cherry Street, Suite 500
Denver, CO 80246
- Truman State University, B.A., Political Science and Spanish (magna cum laude)
- University of Colorado, Juris Doctor
- Colorado, Colorado, 2012
- Arapahoe County Domestic Relations Best Practices Committee - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Family Law Section - Member
- Colorado Judicial Institute - Member
- Colorado Women's Bar Association - Circle of Minerva - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
- Denver Bar Association - Member
- Denver Source for Collaborative Divorce Practice Group - Member
- Doyle's American Inn of Court - Member
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee - Secretary
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration
- The Best Lawyers In America© 2022, Family Law and Family Law Arbitration
- The Best Lawyers In America© 2021, Family Law and Family Law Arbitration
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- “Up & Coming Lawyers” by Law Week Colorado, 2015
- Colorado Bar Association’s Gary McPherson Outstanding Young Lawyer of the Year finalist, 2016
- Honors in Juvenile and Family Law, University of Colorado Law School, 2012
- 10.0 AVVO rating
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.