8 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
The attorneys of Otteson Shapiro are nationally recognized for understanding our clients’ businesses, in-depth knowledge of the law, responsiveness to client needs, and cost-effective representation.
In the area of financial restructuring and bankruptcy, we assist lenders (both institutional and non-institutional lenders), creditors, receivers, trustees, debtors, and lessors and tenants with all aspects of debt workout and restructures, bankruptcy and general insolvency, creditor rights, and other performance problems including forced sales and asset dispositions.
In our practices relating to the financial services industry, we assist with federal and state regulatory issues, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, capital structuring, financial and lending transactions, litigation and dispute resolution, anti-money laundering, compliance solutions and vendor management.
In the area of mergers and acquisitions, our transactional attorneys are adept at successfully navigating the big-picture issues at stake in a transaction and structuring transactions to achieve optimal results in a timely fashion. Our transactional attorneys have experience in a broad range of industries.
The following are examples of recent notable transactions involving Otteson Shapiro:
- Represented LegacyTexas Financial Group, Inc. the parent company of LegacyTexas Bank, in its $2.1 billion merger with Prosperity Bancshares, Inc. the parent company of Prosperity Bank. The merger closed in November, 2019 and created the third largest bank by deposits in the state of Texas. It was the second largest bank merger in the state’s history.
- Represented MidWestOne Financial Group, Inc. as legal counsel in its May, 2019 acquisition of ATBancorp. The value of the total deal consideration was approximately $152.9 million.
- Represented Guaranty Bancorp, the holding company for Guaranty Bank and Trust Company, in its merger with and into Independent Bank Group, Inc., the holding company for Independent Bank. The $1 billion deal closed on January 1, 2019.
- Represented Trust Company of America (TCA) in its $275 million acquisition by E*Trade Financial (NASDAQ:ETFC).
Our insurance recovery attorneys assist policyholder clients in both first-party (property) and third-party (liability) claims relating to property damage, construction defects, design defects, title claims, errors and omissions, director’s and officer’s liability, financial institution bonds, surety bonds and life insurance.
Otteson Shapiro's real estate attorneys assist clients in the acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of all types of real estate, as well as most types of real estate litigation, including sale disputes, title issues and title insurance claims to mechanics lien and construction defect litigation.
The firm is proud to have been included multiple times on the “Best Law Firms” list from U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers®.
- Banking and Finance Law
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Financial Services Regulation Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation - Banking and Finance
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Real Estate Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.