Harold R. "Hal" Bruno III
Recognized in:Franchise Law
Law School:University of Colorado at Boulder
Location:1099 Eighteenth Street, Suite 2600Denver, CO 80202
- University of Colorado at Boulder , J.D., graduated 1985
- University of Illinois at Urbana–Champaign, BS, graduated 1982
- Colorado, Colorado Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- American Arbitration Association - Approved Arbitrator
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Intellectual Property Section - Member
- Intellectual Property Inn of Court Colorado Chapter - Member
- Temple Micah - Past President
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Franchise Law, Denver (2018)
- Franchise Law, Denver (2016)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Franchise Law
- Recognized as a Super Lawyer in Intellectual Property Litigation by 5280 Magazine since 2010.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated attorney since 2005.
- 2013 Best Lawyers in America - Franchise Law
Lawyer Case History
Big O Tires, Inc. v. Bigfoot 4x4, Inc., 167 F. Supp. 2d 1216 (D. Colo. 2001) - obtained injunction for trademark owner against "monster truck" company attempting to expand into retail automotive business.
Rocky Mountain Rhino Lining, Inc. v. Rhino Linings USA, Inc., 37 P.3d 458 (Colo. App. 2001) and 62 P.3d 142 (Colo. 2003) - received judgment for distributor for breach of contract and attorney fees against manufacturer in terrritorial dispute. Argued to Colorado Supreme Court applicability of Colorado Consumer Protection Act.
Mitel, Inc. v. Iqtel, Inc., 124 F.3d 1366 (10th Cir. 1997) - defeated copyright infringement claim of rival manufacturer based on functionality defense.
Shell Oil Co. v. Commercial Petroleum, 955 F.2d 104 (4th Cir. 1991) - obtained trademark injunction for oil company against reseller of product outside authorized distribution system.