Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Christopher R. Butler focuses his practice on intellectual property and business law matters. With a background in law and business administration, Chris uses the intersection of the two disciplines to effectively guide clients through the intricacies of intellectual property assets, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets, as well as their effect on larger business decisions. Chris has a wide range of experience in many aspects of trademark portfolio management and enfor...
Kevin is an associate of the firm’s trust and estate litigation practice group and assists clients in matters involving will contests, trust account discrepancies, fiduciary abuse, guardianships, and committed intimate relationships. He has extensive training in domestic violence investigation and vulnerable victim protection and has handled countless motions, hearings, and trials before the District and Superior Court benches. Prior to joining Helsell Fetterman, Kevin spent three years...
Octavia Green focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation handled in both state and federal courts. Octavia represents and advises clients in a wide variety of commercial litigation matters with an emphasis on contract, civil rights, professional malpractice, intellectual property, and mass tort disputes.
Eligibility & Coverage
- Lawyers who have been in private practice for 5-9 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Candidates can only be considered for one recognition at a time (i.e. either Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch or our traditional Best Lawyers awards).
- We do not currently accept nominations for or recognize talent among in-house lawyers.
- Candidates must be nominated in one of our awarded areas of expertise.
- Visit our research timeline to learn more about the submission and announcement schedule.
Lawyers can be nominated by anyone but themselves.
All candidates for “Ones to Watch” are invited to vote on their peers.
Analysis of Feedback
Results are calculated and feedback is reviewed.
Candidates are confirmed to be in good standing with their local bar associations.
Firms and individuals are informed of the results and the awards are published.
- For lawyers earlier in their careers
- Typically have been in practice 5-9 years
- Often hold the title of Associate or Senior Associate
- All "Ones to Watch" candidates are invited to vote
- Are also voted on by "Best Lawyers" awardees within their firm
- For established lawyers exhibiting top legal talent
- Traditionally have at least 10 years' experience in private practice
- Most often have been promoted to Partner
- Are voted on exclusively by "Best Lawyers" awardees
- Are only invited to vote once they are recognized in "Best Lawyers"
Ways to Promote