Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Andrew Brien joined the firm as an associate in 2016. He has represented clients in a wide array of practice areas, including, but not limited to: insurance coverage, banking, finance, bankruptcy and creditor’s rights, commercial litigation, oil and gas, labor and employment, and estate planning. He has represented policyholders in various interpretation and scope of coverage issues for insurance policies. Andrew offers advice for creditors for debt enforcement actions, as well as advic...
Josh focuses his practice on helping clients achieve their business goals while understanding and complying with federal and state consumer protection laws. As a former in-house counsel, he brings a critical client perspective to his legal practice and understands that businesses want an action plan – not just legal theory. Josh has experience representing clients across a range of proactive and responsive matters, including developing compliance programs, obtaining required licensing, ...
Elisabeth Hall advises and represents businesses in all aspects of labor, employment and fair housing law. Beth’s litigation experience includes defending employers and businesses in matters including wage and hour issues, discrimination and harassment, family medical leave, fair housing violations, and reasonable accommodation claims. She has represented clients in both Federal and State courts and in front of numerous government agencies, including the DOL, EEOC, NLRB and various stat...
Chisara Ezie-Boncoeur engages in virtually all phases of complex commercial litigation and alternative dispute resolution. She has represented individuals and companies as plaintiff and defendant in the course of her career, so she knows both sides and what moves need to be made – just like sitting at a poker table – and strategizes for her clients accordingly. Chisara is dynamic and able to pivot quickly. This lends itself well to the fact that she considers herself not solely a ...
Jenapher represents a wide range of clients in complex commercial disputes and litigation. Jenapher works strategically with clients in a variety of industries to resolve cases involving business torts, contractual disputes, insurance coverage and risk management, shareholder disputes, product liability, and more. She has experience in both state and federal courts and at all stages of the dispute resolution and litigation process. Jenapher also provides counsel to owners and developers on tr...
Eligibility & Coverage
- Lawyers who have been in private practice for 5-9 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Candidates can only be considered for one recognition at a time (i.e. either Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch or our traditional Best Lawyers awards).
- We do not currently accept nominations for or recognize talent among in-house lawyers.
- Candidates must be nominated in one of our awarded areas of expertise.
- Visit our research timeline to learn more about the submission and announcement schedule.
Lawyers can be nominated by anyone but themselves.
All candidates for “Ones to Watch” are invited to vote on their peers.
Analysis of Feedback
Results are calculated and feedback is reviewed.
Candidates are confirmed to be in good standing with their local bar associations.
Firms and individuals are informed of the results and the awards are published.
- For lawyers earlier in their careers
- Typically have been in practice 5-9 years
- Often hold the title of Associate or Senior Associate
- All "Ones to Watch" candidates are invited to vote
- Are also voted on by "Best Lawyers" awardees within their firm
- For established lawyers exhibiting top legal talent
- Traditionally have at least 10 years' experience in private practice
- Most often have been promoted to Partner
- Are voted on exclusively by "Best Lawyers" awardees
- Are only invited to vote once they are recognized in "Best Lawyers"
Ways to Promote