Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
Yimeng Dou is a partner in the Intellectual Property Litigation Practice Group in the Los Angeles office of Kirkland & Ellis LLP. Her practice focuses on patent, copyright, trade secret, and trademark litigation, post-grant proceedings at the United States Patent and Trademark Office, and proceedings before the International Trade Commission. Yimeng’s experience also includes contract, torts, and antitrust rights litigation, as well as intellectual property licensing and transaction...
George Davis is a partner in the firm’s Business Law Department and Tax practice. Mr. Davis represents financial and strategic clients with respect to federal income tax matters across a variety of industries on taxable and tax-free mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, joint ventures, real estate transactions, and restructurings.
As a member of the Corporate and Capital Markets group, Tony Cox represents public and privately-held clients and private equity firms and their portfolio companies with respect to transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling in a wide range of industries Tony’s corporate and M&A practice focuses on counseling public and privately owned companies with respect to transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions and a wide range o...
Josh Geller is a litigator whose practice focuses primarily on entertainment and intellectual property litigation. Josh has significant experience representing studios, production companies, video game publishers, musicians, graphic artists, and other independent content creators. He assists clients in navigating all stages of the litigation and dispute resolution process, including pre-litigation counseling, trial, and alternative dispute resolution. He also has significant appellate experie...
Eligibility & Coverage
- Lawyers who have been in private practice for 5-9 years are eligible to be nominated.
- Candidates can only be considered for one recognition at a time (i.e. either "Ones to Watch" or our traditional Best Lawyers awards).
- We do not currently accept nominations for or recognize talent among in-house lawyers.
- Candidates must be nominated in one of our awarded areas of expertise.
- Visit our research timeline to learn more about the submission and announcement schedule.
Lawyers can be nominated by anyone but themselves.
All candidates for “Ones to Watch” are invited to vote on their peers.
Analysis of Feedback
Results are calculated and feedback is reviewed.
Candidates are confirmed to be in good standing with their local bar associations.
Firms and individuals are informed of the results and the awards are published.
- For lawyers earlier in their careers
- Typically have been in practice 5-9 years
- Often hold the title of Associate or Senior Associate
- All "Ones to Watch" candidates are invited to vote
- Are also voted on by Best Lawyers awardees within their firm
- For established lawyers exhibiting top legal talent
- Traditionally have at least 10 years' experience in private practice
- Most often have been promoted to Partner
- Are voted on exclusively by Best Lawyers awardees
- Are only invited to vote once they are recognized by Best Lawyers
Ways to Promote