Recognized since 2008
Corporate Governance Law
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Securities / Capital Markets Law
Tom's recent transactions include:
- Representation of placement agent in $14.5 million PIPE transaction by CytoDyn Inc.
- Representation of Key Technology, Inc. in its acquisition of Visys N.V. for $23 million
- Representation of NIKE, Inc. in the sale of Nike Bauer Hockey, Inc. for $200 million
- Representation of NIKE, Inc. in the sale of Official Starter LLC for $60 million
- Representation of an Oregon coordinated care organization in a private placement of units
- Representation of placement agent in a $3.0 million early stage priced private placement of common stock by BioDirection, Inc.
- Representation of the underwriters in the initial public offering by Methes Energies International, Ltd.
- Representation of TASER International, Inc. in its initial public offering
From 1979 through 1987, Tom was an associate in the New York office of Shearman & Sterling. He is a frequent speaker on securities law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.tonkon.com/attorneys/Thomas-Palmer.html
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pioneer Tower, Suite 1600
888 Southwest Fifth Avenue
Portland, OR 97204
- Hamilton College, BA, graduated 1973
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia Bar
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- New York, New York State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Multnomah Bar Association - Member
- New York City Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2023)
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2021)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Portland, OR (2020)
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2019)
- Securities Regulation, Portland, OR (2018)
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2017)
- Securities / Capital Markets Law, Portland, OR (2016)
- Corporate Governance Law, Portland, OR (2015)
- Securities Regulation, Portland, OR (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Corporate Governance Law
- Corporate Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Securities / Capital Markets Law
- Securities Regulation
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers 2005-2016 - Corporate, Merger & Acquisition Law
- Super Lawyers 2006-2016 Oregon Super Lawyer - Mergers & Acquisitions
Acquisition of Assets of American AlliedRepresented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. in connection with acquisitions of assets of American Allied and related entities for $83 million.
Acquisition of UpWind SolutionsRepresented Vestas, the world's largest manufacturer of wind turbines, in the $60 million acquisition of UpWind Solutions, Inc., an independent service provider for wind turbines in nine US states.
Acquisitions of Operating AssetsRepresented The Greenbrier Companies, Inc. in connection with acquisitions of operating assets of Rail Car America, Inc. (RCA), its American Hydraulics division, and its wholly-owned subsidiary, Brandon Corp., for $34 million.
Facilitation of Key Technology MergerRepresented Key Technology in its acquisition of Belgium-based Visys N.V. The deal, valued at approximately $21 million, created a single, complete source of high-performance digital sorting technologies for food processing and other industrial markets. The transaction involved substantial due diligence regarding intellectual property litigation matters and the acquisition of a company partially owned by Belgian regional government entities.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.