Recognized since 2007
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
David Angeli represents corporations and individuals in complex criminal, regulatory and commercial cases. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, David has repeatedly been named as one of “The Best Lawyers in America” in the categories of Bet the Company Litigation, White Collar Criminal Defense and Commercial Litigation. Mr. Angeli has the distinction of being the only lawyer in the State of Oregon to be included in all three of those categories. He is consistently identified by his peers as being among the top 50 “Oregon Super Lawyers.” Mr. Angeli was named the Best Lawyers 2016 and 2018 White Collar Criminal Defense “Lawyer of the Year” for Portland.
A former Navy officer and pilot who served in the first Gulf War, Mr. Angeli received his bachelor’s degree summa cum laude from Boston University and his law degree magna cum laude from the Georgetown University Law Center. Following graduation, he served as a law clerk to Judge Thomas Penfield Jackson on the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia and was the primary law clerk on the seminal antitrust case, United States v. Microsoft Corp. Thereafter, Mr. Angeli practiced law at Williams & Connolly LLP in Washington, DC, and was a partner at Stoel Rives LLP in Portland, Oregon.
A frequent speaker at local and national CLEs, Mr. Angeli has served as Vice Chair of the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers’ White Collar Crime Committee and as an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Lewis & Clark Law School, where he taught a federal white-collar crime seminar.
- Direct Phone Number: 503-222-1552
- Phone Number: 503-222-1552
- Lawyer Page: https://www.angelilaw.com/our-professionals/david-angeli.php
- 121 SW Morrison Street, Suite 400
Portland, OR 97204
- Boston University, BS, graduated 1989
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- Oregon, Oregon State Bar
- Washington, Washington State Bar Association
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Litigation Counsel of America - Fellow
- Lewis & Clark Law School - Adjunct Professor of Law
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers - Vice Chair, White Collar Crime Committee
- United States District Court
3 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Portland, OR (2018)
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Portland, OR (2016)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
- Securities Fraud
- Tax-Evasion Defense
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.