Jeff is known for his ability to combine technical skills, practical problem solving and strategic business advice.
He has significant experience in the footwear, financial services, energy, professional services, technology, manufacturing and nonprofit industries.
Representative clients include NIKE, RVK, Inc., Opus Agency, Renaissance Custom Homes, ECO Northwest, Air-Weigh, James Beard Public Market, M Financial Group, and MotoSport.
Recent and other significant representative engagements include:
- Representation of Opus Agency in connection with significant growth capital investment.
- Representation of shareholder in multi-million dollar settlement of shareholder dispute.
- Counsel to Board of Directors in corporate control dispute with respect to $500 million business.
- Representation of Wayzata Investment Partners in $31.15 million purchase of Pope & Talbot's Halsey pulp mill.
- Representation of NIKE in $200 million sale of NIKE Bauer Hockey to Kohlberg & Co.
- Representation of NIKE in $60 million sale of Official Starter to Iconix Brands Group.
- Representation of the buyer in its acquisition of the controlling interest in a Portland restaurant.
- Oregon counsel for Kronos in its $1.8 billion going private transaction.
- Oregon counsel for Kronos in its $150 million acquisition of Unicru.
- Oregon corporate counsel to Enron Corp. during its reorganization.
- Representation of companies and owners in resolution of corporate, limited liability company and other business entity ownership disputes.
- Representation of technology and other growth companies in seed and venture funding transactions.
Jeff’s interest in nonprofit organizations includes his service as a director and treasurer of Oregon Humanities and his leadership of and continued involvement with Marathon Education Partners. He is a founding member of Marathon which provides higher education scholarship opportunities to low-income students. He also serves on the Board of Oregon Humanities and assists the James Beard Public Market, Friends of William Stafford, and a number of other nonprofits in the Portland area.