Recognized since 2006
Litigation - Construction
Tom Myers’ practice is focused on construction-related transactions, claims, insurance, risk management, workouts, mediation, arbitration and litigation. For over 30 years, he has represented public and private owners, contractors, EPC’s, subcontractors, vendors and manufacturers on a wide range of construction projects, including office, high-rise residential, industrial, multi-family, educational, retail and governmental facilities as well as coal, gas and hydro power plants and industrial process plants.
Tom has significant experience representing clients in drafting and negotiating complex construction contracts under multiple project delivery systems, purchase orders, forming joint ventures, limited liability companies, teaming arrangements and strategic alliances. He prosecutes and defends insurance claims for builder’s risk losses and construction defects, mechanic’s lien claims, surety bond workouts and claims for changed conditions, extra work, schedule delays and impact damages.
Tom is a member of the American Arbitration Association National Panel of Construction and Commercial Arbitrators. He also serves as a construction mediator. He is a past chair of the Houston Bar Construction Law Section and a frequent speaker on construction law issues to local bar and industry groups.
- Direct Phone Number: 713-850-4200
- Phone Number: 713-850-4200
- Lawyer Page: https://www.andrewsmyers.com/attorneys/thomas-w-tom-myers/
- 1885 Saint James Place, Suite 1500
Houston, TX 77056
- Texas Tech University, B.B.A., graduated 1979
- Texas Tech University, J.D., graduated 1982
- Texas, 1983
- American Arbitration Associaiton - Arbitrator
- Construction Law, Houston (2020)
- Litigation - Construction, Houston (2015)
- Construction Law
- Litigation - Construction
- Arbitration and Mediation
- Commercial Development
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction Disputes
- Contract Review and Negotiation
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.