Recognized since 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Real Estate Law
Theresa McLaughlin chairs Akerman’s Retail Leasing & Development Practice, a national team that provides legal services to owners, landlords, tenants, and property managers engaged in retail development and leasing transactions throughout the United States.
Theresa represents real estate developers of complex large scale mixed-use developments and strip center malls, including leases for anchor tenants, luxury cinemas, restaurants, gas stations and other retail tenants. She also has extensive experience in representing both large and small tenants on a national basis including big box retail, subleases, ground leases, reciprocal easement agreements and other related documentation.
With over thirty years’ experience in the retail area, Theresa is known by her clients for her professional attitude and business minded approach in negotiating leases. Having represented clients such as Swire Properties in the leasing of its iconic billion dollar Brickell City Centre development, Theresa is recognized for her extensive knowledge and high level of service, which Chambers USA notes is “well above any other firm.”
Contact & Links
- 201 East Las Olas Boulevard, Suite 1800
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301
- University of Florida, BS, with high honors, graduated 1983
- Florida, Florida State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Broward County Bar Association - Member
- Crime Stoppers - Past Board Member
- Gilda's Club - Past Board Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) - Member
- The Florida Bar - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Real Estate Law
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- South Florida Business Journal 2004, Recognized as "Heavy Hitter" in Real Estate
- South Florida Legal Guide 2005, Recognized as a "Top Up and Comer"
- Florida Real Estate Journal 2006, Recognized as a "Top Woman in Commercial Real Estate"
- South Florida Business Journal's "Key Partners Award" 2006, Recognized for Legal Real Estate
- Real Estate Florida 2008, Recognized as a "Woman of Influence"
- The Legal 500 2009, Recommended in Florida for Real Estate Transactions and Finance
- Business Leader Magazine 2012, Recognized as a "South Florida Women Extraordinaire"
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2015, Listed in Florida for Real Estate
- Chambers USA 2007-2016, Ranked in Florida for Real Estate
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.