Recognized since 2003
Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Stuart C. Markman has practiced appellate law for four decades. He has successfully represented individuals and businesses in a wide variety of state and federal appeals, including major personal injury cases, complex commercial and business litigation, medical malpractice cases, and class actions. Mr. Markman has also successfully represented clients by providing trial support and in-depth research, writing, and argument on key legal issues.
Mr. Markman is an appellate master emeritus and past president of the J. Clifford Cheatwood American Inn of Court. He has for many years been listed in THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA for appellate practice, commercial litigation, bet-the-company litigation, and white-collar criminal defense. THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA named him Tampa "Lawyer of the Year" for Appellate Practice in 2017 and 2019. And in 2014 and 2016, THE BEST LAWYERS IN AMERICA named him Tampa "Lawyer of the Year" for Bet-the-Company Litigation.
Mr. Markman is a graduate of Wake Forest University, B.A., magna cum laude, and Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, with honors. Immediately after graduating from law school, he served as a judicial law clerk for Judge George C. Carr of the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida. After that clerkship and before entering private practice, he served as a judicial law clerk for Judge Paul H. Roney of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
- Direct Phone Number: 813-229-1118
- Phone Number: 813-229-1118
- Lawyer Page: https://www.kmf-law.com/attorneys/stuart-c-markman/
- 100 South Ashley Drive, Suite 1450
P.O. Box 3396
Tampa, FL 33601-3396
- Wake Forest University, graduated 1979
- North Carolina, North Carolina Bar Association, 1979
- Florida, The Florida Bar, 1981
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- City of Tampa Ethics Commission - Member
- Federal Bar Association, Tampa Bay Chapter - Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association - Member
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society - Trustee
- Florida Bar Association - Member
- Cheatwood Inn of Court - Master, appellate practice
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth and Eleventh Circuits
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals
- United States District Court
- Appellate Practice, Tampa (2019)
- Appellate Practice, Tampa (2017)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Tampa (2016)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Tampa (2014)
- Appellate Practice
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Criminal Defense: White-Collar
Recipient of the 2023 Florida Bar Appellate Practice Section James C. Adkins Award for outstanding contributions to the field of appellate practice.
- Recipient of 2002 George C. Carr memorial award for excellence in federal practice and distinguished service to the federal bar.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.