Recognized since 1995
Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
Attorney Steven Silin is one of the most successful and highly respected trial lawyers in Maine. Known for his trial expertise, Steven has won some of the state’s largest jury verdicts on behalf of his clients and has earned many top honors in his field. For more than three decades, he has been one of the driving forces in building Berman & Simmons into the leading firm in Maine for personal injury and medical malpractice law.
Since joining Berman & Simmons in 1983, Steven has been involved in all aspects of the firm’s statewide practice, handling a wide range of matters including catastrophic personal injury, medical malpractice, defective products, and wrongful death cases. Steven’s extraordinary record of success includes more than 100 jury verdicts, and hundreds of life-changing settlements on behalf of clients throughout Maine.
Steven takes pride in fighting on behalf of individuals and families who have been harmed through no fault of their own, and who find themselves up against large corporations, insurance companies or other powerful adversaries. Steven’s leadership, tenacity, commitment to civil justice, and ability to find creative and effective solutions that benefit his clients have been hallmarks of his career.
“People come to us, often at difficult times in their lives, in need of an advocate. This is a tremendous responsibility, and one that we never take lightly,” Steven says. “It is our job to help people through that crisis, to give them the best service, be supportive, and ultimately make sure they are fully and fairly compensated for what has happened to them.”
Steven is the author of numerous legal articles and is a frequent speaker on tort law and trial advocacy at legal education seminars.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bermansimmons.com/our-attorneys/steven-d-silin/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 129 Lisbon Street, P.O. Box 961
Lewiston, ME 04243
- Northeastern University School of Law, JD, graduated 1982
- Tufts University, BA, graduated 1977
- Maine, Maine State Bar Association
- Massachusetts, Massachusetts Bar Association
- American Association for Justice - Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Advocate
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Maine Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Maine College of Trial Advocacy - Founding Director
- Maine State Bar Association - Member
- Maine Supreme Judicial Court's Advisory Committee on Rules of Civil Procedure - Chairperson, 2005-2008
- Maine Trial Lawyers Association - Past President 2001-2002
- Maine - Supreme Court
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs, Augusta-ME (2016)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs, Augusta-ME (2012)
- Personal Injury Litigation, Portland-ME (2009)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Medical Malpractice Law - Plaintiffs
- Personal Injury Litigation - Plaintiffs
- Product Liability Litigation - Plaintiffs
- AVVO — Rated 10.0 out of 10
- Benchmark Local Litigation Star
- The Best Lawyers in America - Listed for Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice, 1995–present; “Lawyer of the Year,” 2009, 2012, 2016
- Super Lawyers - “Super Lawyer,” 2007–present; Top 100 Lawyers in New England, 2013
- Martindale-Hubbell - Top Rated “AV Preeminent”
- Chambers & Partners USA - Listed for Litigation: Medical Malpractice & Insurance and Mainly Plaintiff
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.