Recognized since 2018
New York, New York
Banking and Finance Law
Shanell is a partner at Alston & Bird, co-chair of the Finance Practice Group and chair of the Structured & Warehouse Finance Team. Shanell is also the co-chair of the firm’s Women’s Initiative. She represents investment banks and other financial institutions in a variety of mortgage banking and financing transactions. Shanell spearheads the firm’s annual Finance Forum held in New York City. The forum brings together structured finance market participants to discuss topics such as CMBS risk retention, the risks and rewards of CRE CLOs, the evolution of SFR financing, compliance with TRID, the pitfalls of MSRs, the unique concerns of financing performing & non-performing loans and navigating safe harbor provisions. 2017’s event drew more than 200 attendees.
Shanell’s practice focuses on structuring warehouse lines and syndicated financing transactions involving a variety of asset classes including, residential, commercial and multifamily mortgage loans, single-family rental properties, government insured and guaranteed loans, mezzanine loans, preferred equity, real estate owned properties, residential securities, tax liens and student loans.
Additionally, Shanell has significant experience with bankruptcy safe harbors.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.alston.com/en/professionals/c/cramer-shanell
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 90 Park Avenue, 15th Floor
New York, NY 10016-1387
- New York, New York
- Mortgage Bankers Association - Member
- Residential Mortgage Servicing Rights Forum (MSR) - Member
- Single Family Rental Investment Forum (East) - Member
- Structured Finance Industry Group (SFIG) - Member
- Women in Securitization (Subgroup of SFIG) - Member
- Women’s Network - CREFC - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.