Recognized since 2019
Rob Moore is an attorney in the firm's Frankfort office where he focuses his practice in the areas of civil litigation and appeals, business, utility, environmental, OSHA, administrative law, municipal law and estate planning.
Rob has represented numerous local and national clients in complex administrative matters, including environmental and OSHA matters. He has served as the City Attorney for Frankfort, Kentucky’s Capital City, since 2004. In serving in this capacity, Rob has represented the City with respect to litigation, employment issues, tax issues, environmental issues, and many other matters. Rob has also represented many clients in complex civil litigation, including representing national interstate pipeline companies in federal and state courts in toxic tort litigation, cases resulting from pipeline ruptures and in condemnation cases. Rob has also represented clients in litigation with the Kentucky Attorney General’s Office.
Prior to joining Stites & Harbison, Rob was a Judge Advocate General in the United States Navy, served as Managing Partner of the Law Firm of Hazelrigg & Cox, LLP and served as the City Attorney for Frankfort, the capital of Kentucky. He has served as President of the Franklin County Bar Association, is a past member of the Kentucky Bar Foundation and is a Fellow of the Kentucky Bar Association. He is also a co-author of Kentucky Civil Practice at Trial - Post-Trial Proceedings. Rob enjoys many outdoor activities in his spare time, including bicycling and tennis, and has competed in many local and state-wide tennis tournaments.
- 421 West Main Street
P.O. Box 634
Frankfort, KY 40602-0634
- University of Louisville, J.D., graduated 1982
- University of Kentucky, B.B.A., graduated 1978
- California, State Bar
- Kentucky, State Bar
- American Bar Association - Member
- Franklin County Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Foundation - Fellow
- State Bar of California - Member
- Supreme Court of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
- Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships)
- Litigation - Environmental
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Tax Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.