Recognized since 1991
Civil Rights Law
Employment Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Lawrence Ashe has successfully defended and tried more discrimination class actions to judgement than any other management lawyer in the country. Acclaimed by the National Law Journal as the "Dean of the Management Class Action Bar," Lawrence represents clients throughout the country and has litigated some of the largest such cases tried to date. His courtroom skills, gravitas, and leadership combine to make him a powerful presence in all matters he undertakes.
With a practice focused on major Employment and Civil Rights litigation matters, Lawrence primarily represents defendants, but occasionally represents plaintiffs in individual cases not presenting issue conflicts. Most of these matters involve workplace discrimination, employment, and retaliation claims, both individual and class actions. A large portion of Lawrence's practice is around employment testing and selection, including the successful defense of disparate impact claims to state teacher certification tests. Lawrence has also successfully mediated dozens of employment cases. He is regularly called on by clients for advice on employment law compliance.
Lawrence is dedicated to serving his clients. He thrives when handling their largest, most consequential matters. His diverse experience and mastery of his field allow him to lead even the most complex and impactful cases to a successful conclusion. Lawrence has held a wide variety of leadership roles in the Atlanta community, and has received numerous local, regional, and national accolades reflecting his judgement and effectiveness as a trial and appellate lawyer.
- 303 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3600
Atlanta, GA 30308
- Harvard University , LL.B., cum laude, graduated 1967
- Princeton University, A.B., magna cum laude, graduated 1962
- Georgia, 1968
- District of Columbia, 1977
- American Bar Association - Member
- Atlanta Bar Association - Member
- District of Columbia Bar - Member
- Gate City Bar Association - Member
- State Bar of Georgia - Member
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Second, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, and DC Circuits
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Litigation - Labor and Employment, Atlanta (2012)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Civil Rights Law
- Civil Rights
- Listed as a Band 1 attorney in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Georgia Labor and Employment lawyers (2013-present)
- Civil Rights Milestone Honoree Award from the State Bar of Georgia and tee Center for Civil and Human Rights "as one of the Georgia lawyers who worked for justice and equal treatment for all of Georgia's citizens." (June 3, 2015)
- One of 10 "Nation's Most Powerful Employment Attorneys - Hall of Fame" (2013)
- Named Atlanta 2012 "Litigation Labor and Employment Lawyer of the Year" by Atlanta Best Lawyers
- Recognized as one of Georgia's "Top 10" lawyers by Georgia Trend magazine (2010, 2011, 2012)
- Sole "Star Individual" in the 2010. 2011. and 2012 editions of Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business for Georgia Labor and Employment lawyers
- Selected as one of "The 100 Most Powerful Employment Attorneys in America" (May 2009, 2011 and 2012) by Lawdragon and Human Resources Executive Magazine
- Gate City Bar Association Hall of Fame Award (2009)
- Named as a "Georgia Super Lawyer" by Super Lawyers magazine 2004-present)
- Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Civil Rights Law (2013-present), Labor and Employment Litigation (2011-present) and Employment Law-Management (2020). Has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America since 1991.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.