Recognized since 1993
Newark, New Jersey
Litigation - Antitrust
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Litigation - Securities
Litigation - Trusts and Estates
Mr. Griffinger has conducted trials and hearings in federal and state courts in New Jersey, New York, Florida, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, California and Nevada.
Highlights of his career include:
- Listed in Best Lawyers for over 20 years.
- For 2014, listed in seven categories:
- Appellate Practice (Complex Assets, Defendants, Federal, Fiduciary Duties, Litigation)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation (Defendants)
- Commercial Litigation (Antitrust, Bankruptcy, Business Disputes, Civil Litigation, Complex Litigation, Defendants, Fraud, Large Case Litigation, Securities)
- Litigation - Antitrust o Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Litigation - Securities o Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and American Bar Foundation.
- Top tier for Commercial Litigation in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business.
- From publication:
- Listed by Super Lawyers as #1 Lawyer (Top Point-Getter) in New Jersey (2011).
- Listed by Super Lawyers as #2 Lawyer (2014).
- Chairman, New Jersey State Bar Association Judicial and Prosecutorial Appointments Committee (2009-10).
- Chairman of Board of Trustees, Volunteer Lawyers for Justice (2007-10).
- Recipient, William J. Brennan Jr. Award, Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey (2010).
- Recipient, Trial Attorneys of New Jersey Trial Bar Award (2010).
"Interviewees confirm the 'outstanding talents' of first-rate commercial litigation partner Michael Griffinger, who is well versed in helping companies from myriad sectors in seeing off litigious threats. 'We have nothing to say except only the most glowing of words,' sources report."
“Michael Griffinger is a fixture of the New Jersey Bar and offers expertise in securities, bankruptcy and antitrust litigation. Sources say he is ‘very thoughtful and substantively strong. He has earned his reputation and doesn't take it for granted.’”
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.gibbonslaw.com/professionals/michael-r-griffinger
- E-mail: email@example.com
- One Gateway Center
Newark, NJ 07102-5310
- Columbia University, graduated 1964
- Cornell University, graduated 1958
- American Bar Foundation - Fellow
- Columbia University Law School - Board of Visitors
- International Academy of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- Lifland Inn of Court - Master
- American College of Trial Lawyers - Fellow
- New Jersey - Trial Courts
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Appellate Practice, Newark (2014)
- Bet-the-Company Litigation, Newark (2009)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Litigation - Securities
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Litigation - Antitrust
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Trusts and Estates
- Antitrust/IP Intersection
- Business Disputes
- Chapter 12
- Civil Litigation
- Complex Assets
- Complex Litigation
- Fiduciary Duties
- Large Case Litigation
- Trustee Representation
- Listed in Chambers USA Guide to America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Top Tier for Litigation: General Commercial
- AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Recipient, New Jersey Law Journal Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016
- Listed as a "State Litigation Star," Business & Commercial Litigation, by Benchmark Litigation, 2015
- Recipient, New Jersey State Bar Foundation's Medal of Honor Award, 2013
- Recipient, Trial Attorneys of New Jersey, Trial Bar Award, 2010
- Recognized as a “Champion of Change” by Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, 2010
- Named to the NJBIZ "Power 50" List for Nonprofit Board Members, 2010
- Listed as a "Local Litigation Star" for Commercial Litigation by Benchmark Litigation, 2010
- Selected to the New Jersey Super Lawyers list, Business Litigation Top 10 attorney in New Jersey, 2008-2016 Top 100 attorney in New Jersey, 2004-2016 Top Point Getter (#1) in New Jersey, 2012
- Learned Hand Award
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.