Recognized since 2009
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Litigation - Real Estate
With more than three decades of experience litigating complex real estate disputes, Mike McMahon represents landowners, developers, and financial institutions contract matters, land use and permitting litigation, and eminent domain.
Due to his versatility and breadth of experience, Mike is regularly called upon to assist in developing innovative strategies combining business, governmental, and litigation elements to accomplish unique client objectives.
- 420 South Orange Avenue, Suite 1200
Orlando, FL 32801
- University of Pennsylvania, J.D., graduated 1975
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association - Real Property Section, Eminent Domain Committee; Litigation Section, Intellectual Property Litigation Committee
- Citizens Dispute Settlement Center - Past Chair, 1985-1990
- Florida Supreme Court Historical Society - Member
- Health Community Initiative - Member
- Local Rules Advisory Committee, Middle District of Florida - Past Member, 1992-1996
- Orange County Bar Association - Past President, 1990-1991
- Orange County Legal Aid Society - Past President, 1985-1986; Board of Trustees, Past Member, 1984-1987 and 1989-1990
- SPCA of Central Florida, Inc. - Board of Directors, Member; Past President, 1997-1999
- The Florida Bar - Special Commission on Insurance Company Practices, Past Chair, 2001-2002
- The Florida Bar - The Board of Governors, 1997-2001
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Orlando (2023)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Orlando (2021)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Orlando (2019)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Orlando (2017)
- Litigation - Real Estate, Orlando (2016)
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Litigation - Real Estate
- The Florida Bar 1986, Award for Best Public Service Project for Citizens Dispute Settlement Center
- The Florida Bar 2002, President's Award of Merit for Service as Chair of Special Commission on Insurance Practices
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2004, Listed for Litigation
- Orange County Bar Association 2005, Professionalism Award
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2011, Listed in Florida for Business Litigation and Real Estate
- Serves as General Counsel for Jetport Industrial Park of Orlando, a development of regional impact.
- Representation of a national retailer in devising strategies for land use litigation and administrative proceedings throughout Florida, including redevelopment of an abandoned landfill site, urban redevelopment of defunct commercial property in traffic constrained corridors, and addressing the impacts of so-called 'Big Box' ordinances.
- Advisory services to the Orlando-Orange County Expressway Authority concerning land acquisition policies for the Orange County Western Beltway.
- Advisory services to the Pinellas County School Board concerning acquisition of 189 homes for school sites needed to end court-ordered busing.
- Representation of citrus growers in challenging the constitutionality of Florida's advertising tax on citrus.
- Representation of an owner of the 4.3-acre core site of the Orange County Courthouse.
- Representation of the World Expo Center in challenges brought by the Florida Department of Transportation and Florida Department of Community Affairs to develop a project proposing a 2.4 million square foot exhibition hall, 1.0 million square feet of retail space, a half million square feet of office space and over 5,000 hotel rooms.
- Representation of Florida Builders Association and Northeast Florida Homebuilders Association regarding land use litigation in challenges to school impact fees and other regulatory exactions.
- Representation of the Florida Bankers Association in litigation involving enjoining the U.S. Comptroller of the Currency from chartering over 300 national banks.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.