Recognized since 2016
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
Megan Muirhead concentrates her practice on employment law, complex litigation and personal injury. She has extensive experience representing government and private entities in a variety of areas of employment law including the Americans with Disabilities Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, breach of contract, sexual harassment, discrimination and wrongful termination. Megan also has assisted employers in a broad range of dealings with the EEOC involving responding to and resolving EEOC charges. She particularly enjoys providing guidance to employers aimed to reducing the risk of litigation such as specialized training sessions, creation of employment policies and review of employment handbooks. Megan is a former Co-Chair of Modrall Sperling’s Employment Group.
Megan has also defended corporate and individual clients in complex litigation matters including individual and class actions in the state and federal courts. She has also handled personal injury defense, professional liability litigation and product liability matters.
Megan has achieved an AV® peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating possible. She is recognized as a leading individual in New Mexico by Chambers USA, and as a Star by Benchmark Litigation, Labor & Employment. Megan is listed among those in Best Lawyers in America® in Mass Tort Litigation/Class Action-Defendants and Southwest Super Lawyers®.
Megan is actively involved in the local community including her service as a member of the New Mexico State Personnel Board (appointed by Governor Martinez in 2014) and volunteer with Albuquerque Public Schools. She has served as a Constitution Day volunteer teaching fundamentals about the United States Constitution to 5th graders and is a former board member of the Susan G. Komen foundation raising money and awareness for breast cancer research.
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, J.D., graduated 1996
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor, B.A. in Political Science, graduated 1993
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- Michigan, State Bar of Michigan
- American Bar Association - Member
- Defense Research Institute - Member
- New Mexico Defense Lawyers Association (NMDLA) - Member of the Editorial Board
- New Mexico State Personnel Board - Member, appointed by Governor Susana Martinez,
- State Bar of New Mexico - Committee on the Judiciary
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Mass Tort Litigation / Class Actions - Defendants
- Chambers USA Directories of America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in Labor & Employment, 2019
- Benchmark Litigation Labor & Employment, The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Labor & Employment Litigators, 2018-present
- Best Lawyers in America® in Mass Tort Litigation/Class Actions – Defendants, 2016-present
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated, 2013-present; Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey) 2014-present
Employment and Personal Injury Counsel for Fortune 500 CompanyNew Mexico counsel for one of the Top 10 Fortune 500 Companies handling multiple litigation matters, including employment and personal injury matters.
Summary Judgment in Employment Matter with Complex IssuesTrial counsel for a large public entity in an employment matter that terminated with a July 14, 2015 summary judgment granted by United States District Court Judge Armijo on complex issues in a purported class action matter involving alleged ADA violations.
Crisis ManagementAssisted public and private entities in sensitive matters, developing crisis management plans and strategies for handling media inquiries.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.