Recognized since 2016
Energy Regulatory Law
Oil and Gas Law
Matt Warnock is a partner and chair of Bricker & Eckler’s Oil & Gas Industry group. Matt focuses his practice on a wide range of energy issues, including, oil and gas transactional matters; energy policy initiatives; oil and gas litigation, including appellate work; title curative matters, including the resolution of mineral rights disputes under the Ohio Dormant Minerals Act; and serving as local counsel for producers, pipeline companies and energy generation facilities.
Matt also appears before state and regulatory agencies, including the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO), Ohio Power Siting Board (OPSB), and Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR).
Contact & Links
- 1001 Lakeside Avenue East, Suite 1350
Cleveland, OH 44114-1142
- Capital University , J.D., graduated 2007
- Ohio Wesleyan University, BS, graduated 2004
- Ohio, State of Ohio
- Capital University Law School - Adjunct Professor
- Ohio Oil and Gas Leasing Commission - Member
- Energy & Mineral Law Foundation - Member
- Ohio Oil and Gas Association - Member
- Ohio State Bar Association, Natural Resources Law Committee - Member
- Ohio Supreme Court Mentoring Program - Participant
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Oil and Gas Law, Columbus-OH (2021)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Energy Law
- Energy Regulatory Law
- Oil and Gas Law
- •Listed, "Who's Who in Energy," Columbus Business First, 2013-2015
- Listed, Best Lawyers in America (Energy Law; Oil and Gas Law), 2016–2018
- •Rising Star, Ohio Super Lawyers (Energy & Natural Resources; Utilities - 2014-2018
- •Recognized, ChambersUSA, Natural Resources & Environment with an Associate to Watch ranking, 2014-2015; Up and Coming Ranking, 2016-2017
U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio and Southern District of Ohio
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.