Recognized since 2018
Lone Tree, Colorado
Family Law Arbitration
Family Law Mediation
Education: Leslie graduated cum laude in 1980 from the University of Colorado, Boulder with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy. In 1984, she received her Juris Doctorate from the University Of Denver Sturm College Of Law and was admitted to the bar in Colorado. Leslie has participated in numerous legal and leadership trainings, including the Executive Leadership Course at the Kennedy School of Government at Harvard in 2008 and the Leadership Program of the Rockies in 2009.
Experience Public Sector: Leslie began her legal career as a deputy district attorney at the Denver District Attorney’s Office. She handled hundreds of criminal cases and conducted dozens of jury trials, including 10 first degree murder trials. In 2005, Leslie became the Assistant District Attorney at the District Attorney’s Office for the 18th Judicial District. Leslie selected and presented cases to the district and county grand juries. She served as the District Attorney’s representative on the Community Corrections Board, and with the Mental Health Court and Drug Court. Leslie has testified before the state legislature on matters relating to sentencing laws and juvenile law and has spoken to community groups about all aspects of criminal law.
Private Practice: In 1992, Leslie left the Denver prosecutor’s office and was a partner in the law firm, Chambers, Dansky & Hansen, P.C. Leslie and her partners developed a litigation firm that specialized in family law, criminal defense, and employment law. She worked with families as a guardian ad litem for children whose parents were divorcing and was regularly appointed to this position by Denver judges with whom she had worked as a prosecutor. She represented domestic violence victims and grandparents seeking custody of their grandchildren. In 2000, Leslie started her own firm, Leslie Hansen, PC. and continued to focus exclusively on family law. Leslie continued her advocacy on behalf of children and families and handled all types of domestic relations cases. In late 2012, Leslie left public service and returned to private practice, again specializing in family law and types of domestic cases. Leslie’s background as a prosecutor with extensive litigation experience gives her a unique perspective on family law cases. She knows that it is usually best for couples involved in a dissolution of marriage or a dissolution of a civil union to settle their case by reaching an agreement they can both live with, without resorting to litigation. Whenever possible, couples should decide how to divide their assets and debts and decide what is best for their children as co-parents. When there are children involved, their best interests must be the number one priority for the parents and for the family law attorney. Leslie brings the right combination of strength and compassion to the practice of family law.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://www.griffithslawpc.com/attorneys/leslie-hansen/
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10375 Park Meadows Drive, Suite 520
Lone Tree, CO 80124
- University of Denver, Juris Doctor, graduated 1984
- University of Colorado at Boulder, BA Philosophy/Cum Laude, graduated 1980
- Colorado, 1984
- Center for Legal Inclusiveness, 2010-2012 - Member
- Colorado Bar Association - Member
- Community Corrections Board, 18th Judicial District, 2005-2012 - Board Member
- Douglas County Bar Association - Member
- Roxborough Metropolitan District, 1997-2000 - Board Member
- Voices of Victims - Member, Board of Directors
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Family Law
- Family Law Arbitration
- Family Law Mediation
- Douglas Elbert Bar Association Professionalism Award – 2019
- Colorado Super Lawyersr-2021-Super Lawyer
- Colorado Super Lawyers-2020-Super Lawyer
- Colorado Super Lawyers-2019-Super Lawyer
- Received a 10 out of 10 Rating on AVVO.
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.