Recognized since 2023
Litigation - Real Estate
Lane Hornfeck has been referred to as a “polite pit bull” and a “piranha in pumps.” Creative yet shrewd, Lane distills complex legal and factual issues quickly and sets up the chessboard strategically to provide clients with needed leverage to resolve disputes efficiently and cost-effectively, in order to protect their bottom line. Given the current COVID-19 environment, clients more than ever depend on her innovative and practical approach to resolving disputes outside of the now largely closed courtrooms.
Many of her corporate clients rely upon her strategic advice and planning to guide them through complex bet-the-company litigation and overall risk management. After receiving a favorable outcome, a client recently said, “Lane managed a very complicated real estate matter for me this year, while keeping a constant and conscientious eye on my bottom line. Her knowledge of the law, creative strategy and perpetual responsiveness are a rare combination. The latter of those three alone, is a sparse commodity among accomplished legal minds – in my experience. ALL of those elements combined to make my experience with Lane and all of Shulman Rogers, an ongoing trusted resource and effective partner.”
Lane’s commercial litigation practice focuses on complex business and corporate disputes, real estate and construction litigation, mechanic’s lien litigation, mold litigation, hospitality-related representation, finance and fiduciary litigation (disputes involving trusts, estates, wills and probate), antitrust and trade practice litigation, class action defense, appellate litigation, and alternative dispute resolution, among others.
Another client notes, “I couldn’t be more pleased with the work of Shulman Rogers and Lane Hornfeck. I was involved in some extremely complex litigation over a joint venture dispute that risked the very livelihood of my companies. Lane not only understood and untangled the issues quickly, but we were able to resolve what I believed an unsolvable situation. She is aggressive, smart, fair, and efficient. You definitely want her on your side for any business matters.”
A Shareholder with Shulman Rogers, Lane serves as Vice-Chair of the Commercial Litigation Group. As a tribute to her excellent litigation skills, Lane has been recognized by her peers and has received the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell and named to the Super Lawyers Hawaii list. She is frequently called upon to deliver webinars and workshops and to take part in panel discussions.
- Secured defense summary judgment in consumer trade practice class action litigation seeking multi-million-dollar judgment and involving after-market car product producers.
- Successfully assisted in resolving construction and design defects dispute involving over 20 construction and design defects and pervasive mold in high-rise hotel tower, resulting in sufficient recovery to remediate and repair entire building.
- Secured defense verdict in less than one hour of deliberation in federal court jury trial involving ADA claim and use of a Segway on hotel property.
- Secured appellate reversal of multi-million-dollar tort and punitive damages award involving tortious interference claims.
- Successfully represented electrical utility provider through evidentiary hearing, defeating claim for injunctive relief involving removal of residential trees by area electrical utility provider.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 301-945-9276
- Lawyer Page: https://www.shulmanrogers.com/attorneys/lane-hornfeck/
- 12505 Park Potomac Avenue, Sixth Floor
Potomac, MD 20854
- University of Hawaii at Manoa, J.D., graduated 1998
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., graduated 1994
- Maryland, Maryland
- District of Columbia, District of Columbia
- Hawaii, Hawaii
13 The Best Lawyers in America® awards
5 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America awards
- Commercial Litigation
- Litigation - Real Estate
- Appellate Practice
- Land Use and Zoning Law
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Mortgage Banking Foreclosure Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.