Recognized since 2006
Charleston, West Virginia
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Litigation - Bankruptcy
Ms. Chincheck is a frequent lecturer on bankruptcy law, creditors’ rights and the Uniform Commercial Code, and she has authored numerous publications on bankruptcy and commercial law issues. Since 2008, she has served as an adjunct professor at the West Virginia University College of Law, where she teaches Payment Systems.
During the 2000 legislative session, Ms. Chincheck assisted clients, including the West Virginia Bankers Association, in reviewing and drafting local changes to revised Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. She is the author of “The Effects of West Virginia’s Bankruptcy Exemption Statute on Resident Debtors,” 86 West Virginia Law Review 227, 1983, and an overview of and article pertaining to West Virginia’s bankruptcy exemptions. She was a contributing author to the American Bankruptcy Institute’s “Health Care Insolvency Manual,” on the issues of bankruptcy and health care laws.
A graduate of the West Virginia University College of Law, Ms. Chincheck earned her law degree in 1983. She received her bachelor of arts degree in economics and bachelor of science degree in statistics, magna cum laude, in 1980 from West Virginia University. She served as Law Clerk to the Honorable Edwin F. Flowers and the Honorable Ronald G. Pearson, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of West Virginia (1983-85).
Ms. Chincheck is listed in the peer-review publications Best Lawyers in America and Super Lawyers in the areas of Banking, Bankruptcy, Bet-the-Company Litigation and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law and named among the “Leaders in Their Field” by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business” in the area of Corporate/Commercial Law - Banking & Finance. She is AV-rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
She is a member of the American Bar Association and serves on its Business Law Section. Ms. Chincheck is also a member of the American Bankruptcy Institute, West Virginia and Kentucky Coal Associations, the West Virginia State Bar, the West Virginia Bar Association and the Kanawha County Bar. She is admitted to practice in West Virginia and before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern and Northern Districts of West Virginia, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, and has appeared before numerous federal courts outside of the State of West Virginia.
- Direct Phone Number: 304-347-1100
- Phone Number: 304-347-1100
- Lawyer Page: https://www.bowlesrice.com/attorneys-Julia-Chincheck.html
- 600 Quarrier Street
Charleston, WV 25301
- West Virginia University, graduated 1983
- West Virginia University, BS, graduated 1980
- West Virginia, The West Virginia State Bar
- United States Bankruptcy Court
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Charleston, WV (2021)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Charleston, WV (2019)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Charleston, WV (2018)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Charleston, WV (2017)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Charleston, WV (2016)
- Litigation - Bankruptcy, Charleston, WV (2015)
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Bet-the-Company Litigation
- Litigation - Bankruptcy
- Chapter 12
- Creditors' Rights
- Debtors' Rights
- Loan Documentation
- Workouts and Restructurings
- Named Preeminent, AV-Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed among the “Leaders in Their Field” by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business in the areas of Corporate/Commercial Law - Banking & Finance
- Named to West Virginia Super Lawyers (Banking) 2007 to present
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.