Jessica M. Carroll
Recognized since 2024
Roseland, New Jersey
Health Care Law
Ms. Carroll concentrates her practice in litigation, with an emphasis on representing healthcare providers at both the state and federal levels and within arbitration forums. Her experience encompasses serving as counsel for hospitals in medical staffing and peer review disciplinary matters arising out of issues related to quality care and patient safety. She also provides risk management guidance on issues at the intersection of various state laws and medical licensing regulations, including the potential impact of physician medical staff disciplinary actions triggering the obligation to report to the National Practitioner Data Bank (NPDB).
Ms. Carroll’s work includes the representation of hospitals, physicians, physician practices, and pharmaceutical companies in matters related to restrictive covenants, breach of contract, violations of due process and fundamental fairness, defamation and trade libel claims, as well as matters related to professional licensure and credentialing. She also handles anti-competitive claims alleging violations of New Jersey’s Anti-Trust Act, the Sherman Anti-Trust Act, and the Lanham Act, in addition to employment related claims, including violations of the New Jersey Law Against Discrimination (NJLAD) and the Conscientious Employee Protection Act (CEPA).
Ms. Carroll counsels her clients on the most effective and economical legal strategies by evaluating liability and exposure against alleged damages. She handles a broad range of day-to-day tasks beginning at the inception of a matter, including orders to show cause, serving and responding to discovery, ensuring compliance with court-ordered deadlines, appearing and defending depositions, and retaining experts, through resolution by way of settlement, motion practice, or alternative dispute resolution.
- 75 Livingston Avenue
Roseland, NJ 07068-3701
- Seton Hall University, J.D., graduated 2010
- New Jersey, New Jersey State Bar Association, 2010
- New York, New York State Bar Association, 2011
- American Health Law Association - Member
- Morris County Bar Association - Member
- New Jersey State Bar Association - Health Law Section
- New Jersey Women Lawyers Association - Judicial Outreach Committee Co-Chair; Gala Committee past Co-Chair (2021-2022); Young Lawyers Division past Co-Chair
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- Health Care Law
- Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rated AV® Preeminent (a trademark of Internet Brands, Inc.) (2014 - present)
- Selected for inclusion by the New Jersey Law Journal on the 2023 list of "New Leaders of the Bar," the publication's annual listing of outstanding attorneys under the age of 40 and practicing in New Jersey
Listed in Super Lawyers – New Jersey Rising Stars (a Thomson Reuters business) in the Health Care practice area (2023)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.