Recognized since 2020
Raleigh, North Carolina
Litigation - Construction
Jay litigates throughout North Carolina in both state and federal court. His construction law practice is focused on the representation of general contractors, subcontractors and blasting companies in the construction and blasting industries. Jay is Immediate Past Chair of the Construction Section of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys. He is recognized in Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite™ in the area of Construction (2016-2023) and in The Best Lawyers in America © in the area of Litigation-Construction (2020-2023).
His paper addressing claims avoidance for blasting companies was published in the Journal for the International Society of Explosive Engineers, a peer reviewed journal for the world’s largest organization devoted to the blasting industry. Jay is a past presenter at the International Society of Explosive Engineers’ Annual Meeting. He has also presented papers that he has authored at Continuing Legal Education classes for lawyers in North Carolina and to industry associations.
Jay’s education law work is focused on the representation of educational institutions, boards of education, superintendents, teachers and coaches against federal and state-law claims. Jay was selected for membership in the North Carolina Council of School Attorneys, an industry group focused on the representation of North Carolina public schools. Jay’s education practice takes him throughout the state North Carolina in his representation of numerous different school boards and their employees.
In Jay’s commercial and business litigation practice, he defends his clients against all types of claims, such as wrongful death claims, premises liability claims, product liability claims, negligence claims, and a wide array of other types of legal claims in both federal and state court.
Jay’s cargo and transportation practice centers on the defense of national and local transportation carriers who specialize in the interstate shipment and storage of household goods. These clients are defended by Jay in all federal and state courts in North Carolina.
Jay has successfully defended jury trials to defense verdicts for his clients in many different venues in our state. As part of his service to his clients, Jay has participated in planning and presenting legal educational programs at his clients’ offices on topics of interest to his clients.
Jay graduated from the University of North Carolina in 1986. He obtained his law degree from the University of North Carolina in 1991, where he was selected for membership in The Order of Barristers. Following law school, Jay practiced commercial litigation for five years before joining Young Moore and Henderson, P.A. in 1996. At the firm, Jay is a shareholder and a member of the firm’s Insurance Industry and Retail and Hospitality practice groups.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 919-861-5127
- Phone Number: 919-782-6860
- Lawyer Page: https://www.youngmoorelaw.com/people/attorneys/jay-p-tobin/
- 3101 Glenwood Avenue, Suite 200
P.O. Box 31627
Raleigh, NC 27622-1627
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, J.D., graduated 1991
- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., graduated 1986
- North Carolina, 1991
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys (NCADA), Construction Section - Chair (2017-2018)
- North Carolina Council of School Attorneys - Member
- Wake County Bar Association - Member
- North Carolina Bar Association - Member
- ALFA International, Product Liability and Complex Tort Practice Group - Steering Committee
- International Society of Explosive Engineer - Member
- Defense Research Council - Member
- U.S. District Courts for North Carolina
- 4th Circuit Court of Appeals
- Litigation - Construction
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America © in the area of Litigation-Construction (2020)
- Listed in Business North Carolina Legal Elite™ in Construction (2016-2019)
- Education Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.