Recognized since 1989
Nonprofit / Charities Law
Hank Raattama is a tax lawyer who focuses on nonprofit organizations, higher education institutions, individuals, and families in complex tax, estate, and business planning matters. Chambers USA describes Hank as “a leading nonprofit expert” and notes his “tremendous reputation.”
Hank is a frequent lecturer and author on tax matters and has been an adjunct professor in the Tax Master’s Program at the University of Miami College of Law. He is a member of the American College of Tax Counsel and The Florida Bar, where he is a past chair of its Tax Section and Tax Certification Committee. Active in the bar and community, Hank is a recipient of the Gerald T. Hart Outstanding Florida Tax Attorney, the James W. McLamore Miami-Dade County Volunteer of the Year Award, and Outstanding Professional Advisor, Miami-Dade County, Florida. He is an active member of the nonprofit community, having counseled many nonprofit organizations over the years and is involved with many charitable programs. He founded, and is currently a co-chair, of PhilanthropyMiami, whose participants include most of the nonprofit community in Miami Dade County.
In addition to Chambers USA, he is a Board Certified Tax Lawyer by The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education and recognized by Florida Trend as a legal elite tax attorney, The Best Lawyers in America, and other publications.
Contact & Links
- Three Brickell City Centre, Suite 1100
98 Southeast Seventh Street
Miami, FL 33131
- University of Florida, BS and BA, graduated 1965
- Florida, The Florida Bar
- American College of Tax Counsel - Fellow
- The Florida Bar, Tax Section - Past Chairperson, 1982-1983
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. Court of Military Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Tax Law, Miami (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Nonprofit / Charities Law
- Tax Law
- Nonprofit Organizations and Charitable Giving
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rated
- James W. McLamore Volunteer of the Year Award, 1999
- The Florida Bar Tax Section, Awarded the Gerald T. Hart Outstanding Tax Attorney, 1998-1999
- Planned Giving Council of Miami-Dade County, Awarded the Professional Advisor of the Year, 2002
- Florida Trend's Legal Elite 2005-2006, 2010, Listed for Tax
- Chambers USA 2010-2016, Ranked in Florida for Tax
- Super Lawyers Magazine 2006-2010, 2014-2016, Listed in Florida for Nonprofit Organizations
- Board Certified Tax Lawyer, The Florida Bar Board of Legal Specialization and Education
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.