Recognized since 1987
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Leonard Court is a graduate of Oklahoma State University (B.A., 1969) and Harvard Law School (J.D., 1972). He joined the firm in 1972. He served as a J.A.G. in the U.S. Air Force from 1973 to 1977, when he returned to Crowe & Dunlevy. Leonard is a member and past chairman of the firm’s Labor & Employment Practice Group which he established. Leonard has served as a member of the United States Chamber of Commerce Labor Relations Committee since 1997. In 1999, he was appointed chairman of the Wage, Hour and Leave Subcommittee. He has served as an adjunct professor of labor law at the University of Oklahoma Law School and Oklahoma City University School of Law. He is a former president of the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association and received that organization’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 1998. He was inducted into the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Hall of Fame in 2006 which is the association’s highest honor.
An active member in the human resources industry, Leonard was awarded the Oklahoma City Human Resources Society HR Legend award in 2014, the Oklahoma Human Resources Council Annual Excellence in Human Resources award in 2015 and the Oklahoma County Bar Association Community Service award in 2016. He is also actively involved with the American Bar Association, the Employment Law Alliance, the Council for Education in Management and LEI/BNA. He is a frequent speaker at seminars and webinars for these organizations.
- Best Lawyers' 2013 Oklahoma City Labor Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2012 Oklahoma City Employment Law - Management Lawyer of the Year
- Best Lawyers’ 2010 Oklahoma City Labor and Employment Law Lawyer of the Year
- Chambers, USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers – Ranked in the “star” category nationally as a management attorney in labor and employment law. Received highest ranking in Oklahoma 2003 - present.
- Fellow, American College of Labor and Employment Lawyers, inducted 1997
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, Top 50 attorneys in Oklahoma 2007 – present
- Oklahoma Super Lawyers, 2006 – present
- Former president of the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association and received the organization’s Distinguished Alumni Award in 1998
- Inducted into the Oklahoma State University Alumni Association Hall of Fame in 2006
- Member of the American Bar Association's Equal Employment Opportunity Committee, Section on Labor and Employment Law and the Labor Relations Law Committee, Litigation Section
- Oklahoma representative to the ABA Regional Liaison Committee with the EEOC
- Listed in Who's Who in the World, Who's Who in America, Who's Who in American Law and the Guide to Leading U.S. Labor and Employment Lawyers
Contact & Links
- Braniff Building, Suite 100
324 North Robinson Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73102
- Harvard University Law School , J.D., graduated 1972
- Oklahoma State University, B.A.-Political Science, graduated 1969
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Employment Law - Management, Oklahoma City (2014)
- Labor Law - Management, Oklahoma City (2013)
- Employment Law - Management, Oklahoma City (2012)
- Labor and Employment Law, Oklahoma City (2010)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Title VII Litigation
- Wage-Hour Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.