Recognized since 2014
Vancouver, British Columbia
Health Care Law
Guy Brown is a senior partner with Harper Grey LLP. His practice focuses on appellate, trial and administrative law.
Guy has represented clients in all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
His civil litigation practice focuses on professional negligence and major personal injury claims and providing insurance coverage opinions .
In the regulatory side of his practice, Guy advocates on behalf of physicians in hearings before the College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia and the Medical Services Commission of British Columbia.
A leader in the profession, Guy often speaks at continuing education seminars in the legal, medical and insurance realms. He has served a term on the firm's management committee and also as the chair of our insurance law group.
- 650 West Georgia Street, Suite 3200
Vancouver, BC V6B 4P7
- University of British Columbia, LL. B, graduated 1982
- British Columbia, 1983
- British Columbia, Appointed King's Counsel 2012
- BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Manual - Author - Chapters on Uninsured Motorists and Part 7 Benefits, published by the Continuing Legal Education Society of BC (CLE), each year since 1992
- BC Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Manual - Editorial Board Member, since 2003
- Civil Trial Handbook - Author, Chapter on Jury Trials, published by CLE, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2015
- Canadian Bar Association - BC Branch, Health and Insurance Law Subsections - Member
- Insurance Brokers Association of BC, the BC Insurance Adjusters Association, the Insurance Corporation of BC, the Trial Lawyers Association of BC, the UBC Faculty of Medicine, the Canadian Medical Protective Association and Yuk - Seminar Speaker
- Quickscribe Services Ltd. - Former Health Law Annotation Contributor
- University of British Columbia Faculty of Law - Instructor, Advanced Trial Advocacy Course, since 2001
- The Law Society of British Columbia - Member
- Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch, Health Law and Insurance Law Subsections - Member
- Health Care Law, Vancouver, Canada (2024)
- Medical Negligence, Vancouver, Canada (2024)
- Medical Negligence, Vancouver, Canada (2022)
- Health Care Law, Vancouver, Canada (2021)
- Insurance Law, Vancouver, Canada (2020)
- Health Care Law, Vancouver, Canada (2018)
- Health Care Law
- Insurance Law
- Medical Negligence
- Recognized by Best Lawyers® in Canada as a leading lawyer in the areas of Health Care Law, Insurance Law and Medical Negligence since 2014
- Recognized as a “Local Litigation Star” in British Columbia by Benchmark Canada 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
- Rated "Repeatedly Recommended" in the areas of Medical Negligence (Represents Defendants), Personal Injury (Represents Defendants) and Litigation - Commercial Insurance by the Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory 2014, 2015, 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating: 4.4 Martindale Hubbell Distinguished SM
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.