Recognized since 2021
Prof. Dr. Friedrich Toepel is a counsel in Dentons' Frankfurt office. He primarily represents clients in litigation proceedings before state courts, particularly in complex post M&A litigation, in partnership and shareholder disputes as well as in proceedings concerning the liability of managing directors or board members. He also acts as counsel in national and international arbitration proceedings.
- Former director of a bank: Representing in a €1.9 billion euro lawsuit against a former client of the bank.
- Shareholder: Representing against a company concerning issues in connection with the shareholder’s exit from the company.
- Shareholder: Representing against a company concerning challenges to the shareholder resolutions.
- Investment consulting firm: Representing concerning several lawsuits against clients, among them a multi-million Euro appeals case.
- Confidential client: Advising the buyer in an international multi-million Euro post M&A arbitration concerning breaches of warranties.
- The seller in a multi-million Euro post M&A lawsuit: Representing against a major German company in the engineering business concerning breaches of warranties.
- Confidential client: Co-authoring a legal expert opinion in a €30 million lawsuit concerning the involvement of a major German car manufacturer in international insolvency proceedings.
- Confidential client: Advising in an international arbitration disputes in connection with claims for damages against a managing director with an amount in dispute of €60 million.
- Confidential client: Advising the shareholder in a partially privatized utility company in the action against one of the federal states of Germany in the amount of €60 million.
- Confidential client: Advising in one of Europe’s major insolvency proceedings in recent with six parallel arbitral proceedings, the amounts in dispute ranging from two-digit million euros to approx. €380 million for each of the proceedings.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Germany™ 2023 for work in:
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.