Recognized since 2007
Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Liz Thompson's practice focuses on creditors' rights, bankruptcy, and business litigation. She works with secured lenders to recover their loans and collateral through workout and forbearance, self-help remedies, state or federal court litigation, or bankruptcy proceedings. She assists secured and unsecured creditors, debtor in possession lenders, creditors' committees, sureties, suppliers, contractors, landlords, utilities, and purchasers of assets in both complex commercial bankruptcies, including Chapter 11 and Chapter 12 cases nationally.
She represents equipment and agricultural lenders in state court replevin and collection matters; and secured creditors in bankruptcy court. Liz represents parties in state and federal court litigation, including lender liability, mortgage litigation, landlord claims and other litigation. She also helps asset managers and investment funds identify and purchase commercial and industrial ("C&I") and commercial real estate ("CRE") credit facilities and assists with loan acquisitions and note buying.
Liz has extensive trial experience before state and federal judges in both the Eastern and Western Districts of Kentucky. She also frequently litigates evidentiary hearings before the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky in adversary proceedings and contested matters.
She joined the firm in 1995, previously served on its Management Committee, and is head of its Creditors' Rights & Bankruptcy Service Group.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.stites.com/attorneys/elizabeth-lee-thompson/
- E-mail: email@example.com
- 250 West Main Street, Suite 2300
Lexington, KY 40507-1758
- University of Kentucky , J.D., graduated 1982
- University of Kentucky , BBA, graduated 1979
- Kentucky, Kentucky Bar Association
- American Board of Certification - Member
- American Bankruptcy Institute - Member
- American Bar Association - Member
- Fayette County Bar Association - Member
- Kentucky Bar Association - Member
- Fayette County Women Lawyers Association - Founder and first president
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Lexington (2018)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Martindale-Hubbell AV-rated
- University of Kentucky Law Alumni Association's Professional Achievement Award (2009)
- Certified in Business Bankkruptcy by the ABC
- Represent suppliers in PG&E Chapter 11 bankruptcy
- Represent purchasers of assets in Chapter 11 cases including hospitals
- Represent secured creditors and sureties in mining company Chapter 11 cases nationwide
- Represent agricultural and equipment lenders in farm bankruptcies
- Represent sureties in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of Westmoreland Coal Co. in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas
- Represent suppliers in Chapter 11 Bankruptcy of Westinghouse Electric Co. in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of New York
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.