A former attorney advisor with the U.S. Tax Court as well as frequent lecturer and author on tax issues, noted tax attorney Hans Lundsten crafts innovative tax plans and strategies for his business and individual clients, reducing risk and uncertainty and making the complex understandable. He advises owners of closely held businesses, corporations, governmental entities, universities, and movie production companies as well as other attorneys on structuring businesses and business deals to minimize tax exposure, and also handles federal and state tax appeals. Hans has successfully argued numerous significant state taxation cases before state courts, including the Rhode Island Supreme Court. Prior to joining AP&S he served as an attorney/advisor to Judge C. Moxley Featherson of the United States Tax Court, Washington, D.C.
- New York University, graduated 1972
- New York University , LL.M.(Taxation), graduated 1972
- Boston University, B.S., graduated 1968
- Rhode Island, Rhode Island Bar Association
- Florida, The Florida Bar
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers for:
- Tax Law, Providence (2014)
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Providence (2013)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America for work in:
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Corporate Law
- Litigation and Controversy - Tax
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Tax Law
- Best Lawyers’ 2013 Lawyer of the Year, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, Providence.
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in the 2006- 2013 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® in the fields of tax law, corporate law and mergers & acquisitions.
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell, highest rating given to attorneys.
- Recognized in Chambers USA America’s Leading Business Lawyers as one of the state’s best in corporate/commercial law.
- Selected as a Rhode Island Super Lawyer, an honor that recognizes him as a leader in the legal community.
- United States Tax Court
- Mergers & Acquisitions
Adler Pollock & Sheehan P.C.
One Citizens Plaza, Eighth Floor
Providence, RI 02903-1345
2 Office Locations
in 1 Country