Recognized since 2015
Banking and Finance Law
Equipment Finance Law
Diane’s practice combines her top level experiences as in-house counsel in the financial services industry to bring insight and perspective to her transaction-oriented and commercial lending practice at the firm.
Prior to joining the firm, Diane spent over a decade in a variety of in-house counsel roles. She worked as the sole Canadian in-house counsel supporting the inventory finance division of a major global insurance company. She also held an in-house counsel role with one of Canada’s major chartered banks as well as acting as the sole corporate counsel for the leasing and asset finance division of a subsidiary of a major US bank.
Armed with this business perspective, Diane consistently delivers quality results for her clients in her no-nonsense style to get the deal done. Diane’s clients appreciate the business acumen and experience she brings to their matters and they know they can rely on her “big picture” thinking and advice.
Diane’s practice is focused on asset-based lending and equipment leasing as well as in complex structured finance transactions including acting for buyers and sellers in connection with private lease securitizations, financing of solar and wind power projects, rail car leasing and other unique vendor programs. Diane’s clients also turn to her for their general legal and operations matters.
Diane is recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada in Asset-Based Lending and Equipment Finance Law and recognized in The Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory as a leading lawyer in the area of Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing.
- 2 Queen Street East, Suite 1500
Toronto, ON M5C 3G5
- York University, LL.M., Banking and Financial Services, graduated 1995
- Queen’s University, LL.B., graduated 1987
- University of Toronto, B.A., graduated 1983
- Ontario, 1989
- Ontario, 1989
- Canadian Finance and Lease Association - Member
- Canadian Venture Capital Association - Member
- CFLA Women in Asset Finance (WiAF) Committee - Chair
- Law Society of Ontario - Member
- Ontario Bar Association - Member
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Equipment Finance Law, Toronto, Canada (2022)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada™ 2023 for work in:
- Banking and Finance Law
- Equipment Finance Law
- Recognized in Lexpert® Canadian Legal Directory as a leading practitioner (Consistently Recommended) for Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.