Recognized since 2016
Mergers and Acquisitions Law
Venture Capital Law
David leads the firm's Corporate Group in Sydney. He is an experienced and well regarded legal adviser to listed public companies, private equity funds, large and medium sized private companies, and other business entities. David works extensively with the CEOs, CFOs, Executive Directors, and other executives of his clients who value his commitment to, and focus on, maximising the commercial outcomes they seek.
David's expertise includes takeovers, private equity transactions, capital raisings, advising on divestments, mergers by way of schemes of arrangement and other joint venture arrangements, and a broad range of one-off commercial transactions. David is also an experienced and skilled negotiator, and is recognised for his innovative and results-oriented approach.
David is a fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and a member of the Australian Securities and Investments Commission’s Corporate Finance Liaison Committee.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising Australian health, wellness and beauty company McPherson’s Limited (ASX: MCP) on its joint venture agreement with Access Brand Management to expand sales of the Dr LeWinn’s range of anti-ageing products in Greater China.
- Acting for Bidder (Pro-Pac Packaging Limited) on its acquisition of the Target (Perfection Packaging Pty Ltd and Perfection Packaging Unit Trust), and its underwritten $59.8 million capital raising (by way of a 2 tranche placement and share purchase plan) to fund the acquisition.
- Acting for NASDAQ-listed engineering services company Tetra Tech, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTEK) on its successful A$109 million acquisition of all of the shares in ASX-listed Coffey International Ltd (ASX:COF), by way of off market takeover bid and compulsory acquisition. The matter involved FIRB approval and interactions with ASX and ASIC.
- Advising QSR on the conditional sale of 100% of shares in the company, which owns and operates 42 KFC stores in New South Wales, to New Zealand Stock Exchange listed Restaurant Brands New Zealand Limited (NZX:RBD), for a total consideration of A$82.4 million to be satisfied by approximately A$60 million in cash and the balance in RBD shares.
- Acting on the partial divestment by the founding shareholders and key management of Device Technologies Australia to private equity firms HarbourVest (US) / RMB Capital Partners (AU).
- Advising National Veterinary Associates on the roll up of approximately 35 veterinary practices across Australia.
- Advising Adexum Private Equity on its investment into SWC Group.
- Advising Renegade Gas Group (trading as Supagas) on the sell down and partial scrip rollover to Taiyo Nippon Sanso Corporation (TYO:4091), a listed Japanese company which forms part of the larger Mitsubishi conglomerate.
- Acting for Seafolly in the sale of a large stake in the swimwear group to L Capital, the Asian private equity arm of global luxury goods group Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessey (LVMH).
- Advising Staging Connections on its takeover by way of court approved scheme of arrangement by the US-based Freeman Audio Visual Inc.
- Acting on the sale of Sydney based radiology-group, Southern Radiology Group, to ASX listed Capitol Health Limited (ASX:CAJ).
- Acting on the sale of the iconic Ingham Group to US based private equity firm TPG Capital.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: +61 2 8248 3414
- Lawyer Page: https://www.tglaw.com.au/corporate/staff/david-zwi/
- Sixty Martin Place
Level 14, 60 Martin Place
GPO Box 3909
Sydney NSW 2001
84 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ award
- Commercial Law
- Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Venture Capital Law
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific (2017 - 2021) as a recommended lawyer in the areas of Corporate & M&A within Australia
- Chambers Asia Pacific (2015 – 2019) where he is warmly praised by clients for his combination of legal and commercial acumen, highlighting his “ability to focus on critical issues” and his “pragmatic approach.”
- Doyle’s Guide (2015) as a recommended Corporate lawyer in New South Wales
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.