Recognized since 2020
David has worked in private practice and in-house in both the public and private sectors. David is originally from the UK, and was called to the Bar of England and Wales in 1996. David has extensive experience in telecommunications regulation, consumer protection law and administrative law related issues, as well as in dispute resolution.
David is a contributing author to the Lexis Nexis publication Communications Law and Policy in Australia, having authored chapters on the Do Not Call Register Act 2006 and the Spam Act 2003.
Recent experience includes:
- Acting as the Company Secretary for the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman
- Acting for the ACCC in the first court action to enforce new laws that protect small businesses from unfair contracts
- Reviewing customer terms and conditions for a range of clients to ensure compliance with the Australian Consumer Law
- Advising clients on a range of regulatory compliance issues relating to consumer protection
- Providing training on compliance with mandatory data breach notification laws to a large multinational corporation
- Drafting privacy and data breach notification policies for a range of clients
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 61 3 9641 8925
- Lawyer Page: https://www.tglaw.com.au/people/david-ohri
- Level 23, Rialto South Tower
525 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000
84 The Best Lawyers in Australia™ awards
1 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Australia™ award
- Telecommunications Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.