Clarke DuBose uses more than 30 years of litigation experience to defend clients in environmental-related actions and products liability matters.
In 2012, Mr. DuBose was named for the fifth time to the Medmarc Honor Roll, in which Medmarc recognizes its top attorneys from across the country for the past year’s work. Medmarc is a leading source of products liability insurance in the United States for manufacturers and distributors of life sciences technologies.
In the environmental area, he has represented FORTUNE 500 companies and a major South Carolina city in Superfund and other actions. He has successfully coordinated clean-up measures with the Environmental Protection Agency and helped clients pursue other PRPs (Potentially Responsible Parties).
At the state level on environmental issues, he represents industries and local governments before the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control.
In the products liability area, his extensive experience includes representing drug and medical device manufacturers and manufacturers of agricultural products and industrial machinery in actions brought in federal and state courts.
- Mr. DuBose defended a manufacturer in a products-liability case involving more than 100 plaintiffs, as well as acting as lead counsel other mass torts.
- He has defended numerous drug and medical devices in products liability actions.
- He has successfully handled personal-injury and economic loss actions involving allegedly defective manufacturing and agricultural equipment, agricultural crops, surgical instruments and other medical devices.
- Mr. DuBose has represented major pharmaceutical manufacturers in cases alleging injuries from adverse drug reactions.
- Mr. DuBose also has extensive experience insurance coverage issues and commercial litigation.
- Mr. DuBose has briefed and argued numerous appeals in both state and federal appellate courts.
Mr. DuBose has served as president of the board of directors for the National Kidney Foundation of South Carolina (2006, 2007). He was awarded the organization’s 2007 Volunteer of the Year Award. He is currently serving as co-President of the A.C. Flora High School PTSO.