Christopher C. "Chris" Rootham
Recognized since 2019
Labour and Employment Law
Chris Rootham is a partner with Nelligan O'Brien Payne, and practices in the Labour Law and Employment Law groups. He advises employees and trade unions in issues related to labour, constitutional law, administration, privacy, and personal information.
Chris currently co-teaches the Employment Law course at the University of Ottawa. He has also taught written advocacy to moot court students, participated in the Dean’s Research and Writing Fellows Program, and taught Labour Law at Queen’s University.
After Chris clerked at the Federal Court of Appeal, he completed a Masters of Labour Law degree at the London School of Economics.
Chris is the author of Labour and Employment Law in the Federal Public Service. This resource explains the complex laws and regulations governing the federal public service in Canada.
Recently, Chris was recognized by his peers in the legal community for his work in labour and employment law and listed in the 2019 edition of The Best Lawyers in Canada.
Chris enjoys the puzzle of the law, piecing together and solving a problem using legal knowledge and mechanisms. He can often be found poring over law reports, and he is dedicated to remaining up-to-date with legal trends. Chris is committed to his clients, and always strives to be responsive and accessible to them.
Outside of the office, Chris likes to be involved in sports. He has curled for almost ten years, and is currently convener for the RA Centre for their mixed curling league. Chris also jogs and regularly plays Ultimate Frisbee.
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Direct Phone Number: 613-238-8080
- Phone Number: 613-238-8080
- Lawyer Page: https://nelliganlaw.ca/team/christopher-rootham/
- 50 O'Connor Street, Suite 300
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L2
- London School of Economics (LSE) Law Department, LL.M. (Labour Law), graduated 2001
- Queen’s University, LL.B. , graduated 1999
- Canadian Association of Labour Lawyers (CALL) - Member
- Canadian Bar Association - Member
13 The Best Lawyers in Canada™ awards
2 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada™ awards
- Labour and Employment Law, Ottawa, Canada (2022)
- Labour and Employment Law
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.