Recognized since 2013
Rick Claxton, a member of the firm’s Litigation, Appellate and ADR practice groups, has over 30 years of courtroom experience representing clients ranging from individuals to Fortune 50 corporations. A veteran of dozens of jury and bench trials, Rick focuses his practice on complex business cases, such as corporate and partnership disputes, construction litigation, business torts, and employment litigation. However, Rick has always maintained a diverse practice, including cases ranging from copyright and trademark litigation to representation of individuals with major personal injury claims.
In addition to his trial work, Rick has substantial appellate court experience, having briefed and argued cases before the highest courts of the District of Columbia and Maryland, as well as before various federal circuit courts.
Rick graduated with honors from Boston University School of Law where he served as executive editor of the American Journal of Law and Medicine.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: http://www.paleyrothman.com/attorneys/rick-claxton/
- 4800 Hampden Lane, Sixth Floor
Bethesda, MD 20814-2930
- 252 North Washington Street
Falls Church, VA 22046
- Boston University School of Law , J.D. cum laude
- University of Missouri - Columbia, B.J.
- Maryland, Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia, The District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia, Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association - Member
- Bar Association of Montgomery County - Member
- Maryland State Bar Association - Member
- Maryland Trial Lawyers Association - Member
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Maryland Super Lawyers (2007-2016)
- Washington DC Super Lawyers (2007-2016)
- AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated
Areas of Concentration
- Appellate Law
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.