Recognized since 2020
San Diego, California
Candace M. Carroll is a highly-regarded appellate practitioner with more than 40 years experience handling appeals in the federal, state, and bankruptcy appellate courts. Her cases have encompassed a wide range of subjects, including contract disputes, insurance and indemnity issues, wrongful termination, intellectual property, personal injury, constitutional issues, and complex family law matters.
Ms. Carroll is a long-standing supporter of the community and is actively involved in a variety of legal and civic organizations. She recently served for seven years as chair of Senator Barbara Boxer’s Judicial Advisory Committee for the Southern District of California. She serves on the board of directors of the San Diego Opera, and was appointed to sit on the board of the San Diego Convention Center Corporation from 2014-2016. Additionally, she is a past president of the San Diego County Bar Association, and of California Women Lawyers, the statewide women’s bar association. She has also served on the board of the American Bar Association’s Immigration Justice Project and the San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program.
Ms. Carroll was the recipient of the 2018 Outstanding Attorney Award from the San Diego County Bar Association, which is presented to an exemplary attorney who provides outstanding community service above and beyond just service to the legal profession. A graduate of Duke University Law School, Ms. Carroll was honored in 2009 with the Law School’s Charles S. Rhyne Award, given to an alumna whose career as a practicing attorney has demonstrated the highest standards of professionalism and personal integrity. She holds an AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell and was selected by her peers for inclusion in the 26th, 27th, 28th and 29th edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Commercial Litigation.
Ms. Carroll has also been recognized as a Super Lawyer in the field of Appellate Law in 2007 and 2011-2022. She was also named a Top San Diego Lawyer by San Diego Magazine in 2015-2022. Ms. Carroll was recognized in the special section titled, “Women of Influence in Law 2021,” of the San Diego Business Journal (SDBJ) for her accomplishments in the San Diego legal community.
- Lawyer Page: https://sullivanhill.com/attorney/candace-m-carroll/
- 600 B Street, 17th Floor
San Diego, CA 92101
- Duke University, J.D., graduated 1974
- George Washington University, B.A., graduated 1969
- American Bar Association’s Immigration Justice Project - Board Member
- California Women Lawyers - President (past)
- San Diego Convention Center Corporation - Board Member (2014-2016)
- San Diego County Bar Association - President (past)
- San Diego Opera - Board of Directors
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program - Board Member
- Senator Barbara Boxer’s Judicial Advisory Committee for the Southern District of California - Chair
- United States Supreme Court
- California Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Courts for the Central Districts of California
- United States District Courts for the Southern Districts of California
- Commercial Litigation
- 2018 Outstanding Attorney Award from the San Diego County Bar Association
- 2009 Law School’s Charles S. Rhyne Award
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating with Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyer in the field of Appellate Law in 2007 and 2011-2021
- 26th, 27th, and 28th edition of Best Lawyers in America® in the field of Commercial Litigation
- Appellate Practice
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.