Recognized since 2010
Employment Law - Management
Labor Law - Management
Litigation - Labor and Employment
Brooks Eason, a shareholder in the Jackson office, has served for more than two decades as lead outside counsel in employment litigation for the largest employer in Mississippi. He has successfully defended employers in class and collective actions and individual suits asserting claims for discrimination on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, and disability, for sexual and racial harassment, and for violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Mr. Eason also has extensive experience representing corporations in complex business litigation. Recent matters on which he has served as lead counsel or co-lead counsel include multi-district litigation stemming from a catastrophic explosion at a fertilizer plant, a contract dispute arising from the failed merger of two biotechnology companies, and a lawsuit involving the construction of vessels for use in the offshore petroleum industry.
Before entering private practice, Mr. Eason served as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Charles Clark, Chief Judge of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
Contact & Links
- The Emporium Building
400 East Capitol Street
P.O. Box 650
Jackson, MS 39205-0650
- University of Mississippi , BA, graduated 1979
- Mississippi, The Mississippi Bar
- Capital Area, Mississippi, Federal and American Bar Associations - Member
- Securities Regulation, University of Memphis and the University of Mississippi Law Schools - Adjunct Professor
- United States Court of Appeals
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Appellate Practice
- Commercial Litigation
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment
- Listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers in Employment Litigation: Defense, 2012, 2013
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Listed since 2007 as a leading employment lawyer in Mississippi in Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers
"Brooks is the consummate professional. He displays a deep knowledge of the law and his client. He is quick on his feet and an outstanding writer. It is a genuine pleasure to work with Brooks."
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.