Recognized since 2022
Janet Stellpflug, founding partner of Stellpflug Law PLLC, has more than 30 years of experience defending corporate clients in a variety of civil matters and arbitration proceedings.
Her practice is focused on defense of complex construction and product liability litigation. She is devoted to client-driven results, whether the need is risk prevention, early resolution or trial. Her substantial civil trial and arbitration experience includes serving as first chair for more than 30 jury trials in state and federal court in Minnesota and Wisconsin. In a recent arbitration proceeding, Janet successfully enforced her client’s indemnity provisions in a contract entered after the effective date of the 2013 anti-indemnity amendments to Minn. Stat. §337.02, et al.
Since 1993, Janet has been certified as a Civil Trial Specialist by the Minnesota State Bar Association, a distinction achieved by less than one percent of women lawyers in Minnesota. She has also continuously held the AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell, the most well-respected legal directory in the legal community, for professional skills and integrity. Early in her career, she worked as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Robert H. Schumacher. Her pro bono work includes serving as a volunteer conciliation court referee.
Janet works with a wide variety of clients, including large construction companies, international manufacturers, high-profile non-profits and small businesses. She represents her clients directly, and in some circumstances, as defense counsel appointed by their insurance carriers.
- 920 Second Avenue South, Suite 1545
Minneapolis, MN 55401
- Hamline University , JD
- Mills College, BA
- Minnesota, 1986
- Wisconsin, 1994
- Amdahl Inn of Court - Barrister
- Academy of Certified Trial Lawyers of Minnesota -
- American Board of Trial Advocates - Past President, Minnesota Chapter
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC) - Member
- Construction Lawyers Society of America™ - Fellow
- Hennepin County Bar Association - Member
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association - Past Chair, Products Liability Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association - Civil Trial Certification Board
- Minnesota State Board of Legal Certification -
- U.S. District Court, North Dakota
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 8th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Minnesota
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 for work in:
- Commercial Litigation
- Minnesota Super Lawyers® (Construction Litigation) – Since 2008
- Martindale Hubbell AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rating
- Minnesota Super Lawyers® Top Women – 2015
- Super Lawyers® Business Edition (Litigation) – 2014
- Minnesota Super Lawyers® Top 100 Women – 2009
- Top Women Attorneys in Minnesota, Mpls/St. Paul Magazine – 2014
Certified Civil Trial SpecialistMinnesota State Bar Association
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.