Recognized since 2022
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Deborah is a partner and land use attorney at Givens Pursley. She helps clients navigate the land use process from start to finish, performing due diligence, preparing applications, negotiating with agency staff, presenting projects at hearings, and handling any challenges. She also helps companies obtain the legal entitlements required for the siting or expansion of a business or development. These entitlements include land use and zoning permits, transportation approvals, tax and workforce incentives, real estate acquisition, and water and environmental permits. She has experience with a broad range of projects including distribution/fulfillment centers, food processing and other manufacturing, mining, industrial, wind and solar energy, lifestyle centers and other commercial, master planned communities, multi-family, student housing, residential subdivisions, historic properties, and mixed-use projects. She handles negotiations, hearings, contracting, and disputes.
Deborah is active in professional and community organizations, including:
- Executive Committee of Givens Pursley, managing firm operations (2016-current)
- Boise Valley Economic Partnership, Board of Directors and Past Chair (2016-current)
- Urban Land Institute Idaho, Advisory Board (2021-current)
- Boise Metro Chamber Board of Directors (2019-2020)
- Boise Mayor McLean Transition Team, Economic Development Committee Chair (2020)
- Andrus Center for Public Policy, Board of Directors (2013-2016)
- Family Advocates, Board of Directors (2011-2015)
- Idaho Women Lawyers, Board of Directors and Past President (2003-2013)
- COMPASS Public Participation Committee (Past Chair) (2010-2012)
- Leadership Boise (2007-2008)
In 2021, the Idaho Business Review listed Deborah as a "Power 25" Influencer in Commercial Real Estate in Idaho. Chambers USA recognizes Deborah as an Expert in Zoning/Land Use and Natural Resources & Environment law. Best Lawyers recognizes Deborah as a Land Use Litigation Expert. Martindale-Hubbell has awarded her the highest ranking (AV). Mountain States Super Lawyers has recognized her as a Rising Star. She is a recipient of the Tribute to Women and Industry (TWIN) award (2009), Idaho Business Review's Women of the Year award (2008), Idaho Women Lawyers' distinguished Kate Feltham award (2008), and Idaho Business Review's Accomplished 40 Under 40 award (2003).
Deborah received her law degree from Northwestern School of Law in 1997 with a Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law. She graduated from Rhodes College in 1994 with a degree in International Studies. Prior to joining Givens Pursley, she served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Idaho, where she specialized in administrative law.
Deborah lives in Boise with her husband and two children and spends her free time mountain biking, skiing, and running in Idaho’s beautiful outdoors.
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.