With a diverse practice mix, workforce and footprint, Troutman Sanders has cultivated its reputation for a higher commitment to client care for over 120 years. Ideally positioned to help clients across sectors realize their business goals, the firm’s 650 attorneys transact for growth, resolve mission-threatening disputes and navigate complex legal and regulatory challenges. See troutman.com for more information.
Reputation for Excellence
Troutman Sanders is consistently listed among the best law firms internationally. Recent rankings and achievements include:
- Earned 100 percent in the annual 2019 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation.
- Ranked #68 in the 2019 AmLaw 200 and #74 in the 2009 NLJ 500.
- Ranked #1 (including attorneys) in more than a dozen categories in Chambers USA Guide 2019 and was recognized in 25 legal practice areas.
- 128 firm were recognized by The Best Lawyers in America© 2020 edition. Troutman Sanders was also nationally recognized in 32 specific areas of law.
In the Community
Troutman Sanders is not only known for dedication to clients, but also for commitment to the communities in which firm personnel live and work. Members of the firm are active in civic, charitable, religious, educational, professional, international, governmental and arts-related organizations. At Troutman Sanders, supporting communities helps make a difference at home and around the world.
Commitment to Diversity
Diversity and inclusion are among the core values at Troutman Sanders and are fundamental to the firm’s culture. More than a noble aspiration, diversity is a key facet of their commitment to client care. In an inclusive environment, attorneys and staff contribute freely, producing thoughtful and creative solutions. Troutman Sanders believes that diverse teams achieve better results and earn higher levels of client satisfaction.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Georgia in Environmental Law with 10 lawyers
- Top Listed in Virginia in Financial Services Regulation Law with 4 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Atlanta in Environmental Law with 10 lawyers
- BTI Client Service A-Team
- Corporate Equality Index (CEI)
- BTI Most Feared Litigation Firm
Firm News & Media
Two Exchange Square, 34th Floor
Eight Connaught Place
852 2533 7888
Five Park Plaza, Suite 1400
Irvine, CA 92614
11682 El Camino Real, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
Three Embarcadero Center, Suite 800
San Francisco, CA 94111
District of Columbia
District of Columbia
401 Ninth Street, NW, Suite 1000
Washington, DC 20004
600 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 3000
Atlanta, GA 30308
One North Wacker Drive, Suite 2905
Chicago, IL 60606
875 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
301 South College Street, 34th Floor
Charlotte, NC 28202
305 Church At North Hills Street, Suite 1200
Raleigh, NC 27609
100 Southwest Main Street, Suite 1000
Portland, OR 97204
Troutman Sanders Building, 15th Floor
1001 Haxall Point
Richmond, VA 23219
1850 Towers Crescent Plaza, Suite 500
Tysons Corner, VA 22182
222 Central Park Avenue, Suite 2000
Virginia Beach, VA 23462