In 1995, the founding lawyers of Marr Jones & Wang left the state’s two largest law firms to form what is now the largest law firm in Hawaii devoted exclusively to the representation of management in labor and employment law matters. Labor and employment law presents unique issues and requires unique strategies; we believe employers are best served by attorneys who have devoted their careers to this area of law.
Clients of the firm include Fortune 500, Hawaii and mainland-based companies in a range of sectors: hospitality; healthcare; retail; restaurant; airline, marine and other transportation; banking and finance; education; construction; federal contracting; manufacturing; entertainment and sports; and agriculture. Our partners have also represented the State of Hawaii and its counties.
Employers call on our firm for assistance in all areas of labor and employment law, from counseling and compliance to negotiations and collective bargaining to litigation and other forms of dispute resolution. Our lawyers have represented clients before both state and federal administrative agencies, and before the highest courts in the nation. Several partners have deep working knowledge of the National Labor Relations Board and the National Mediation Board.
Each of our attorneys and paralegals has dedicated his or her career to labor and employment law. With a breadth of experience ranging from one to more than 30 years, our attorneys are able to efficiently staff client projects, ranging from discrete legal questions to complex employment litigation.
Our firm has been awarded an AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell, the publishers of the national legal directory. This is the highest rating awarded, and is based on legal ability and adherence to ethical standards of practice. The firm is also listed in The Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers.
Marr Jones & Wang is a member of and a resource for the Worklaw Network, a nationwide affiliation of law firms that have dedicated their practices exclusively to representing employers in labor and employment law. The network consists of more than 25 law firms with more than 300 labor and employment attorneys across the United States. Network members share substantive work product, creative strategies and research projects. Members are linked by both a web-based data bank and email forums to ensure efficiency and to bring value to client relationships.
Top Listed State Awards
- Top Listed in Hawaii in Arbitration with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Hawaii in Employment Law - Management with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Hawaii in Labor Law - Management with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Hawaii in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 6 lawyers
Top Listed City Awards
- Top Listed in Honolulu in Arbitration with 5 lawyers
- Top Listed in Honolulu in Employment Law - Management with 8 lawyers
- Top Listed in Honolulu in Labor Law - Management with 6 lawyers
- Top Listed in Honolulu in Litigation - Labor and Employment with 6 lawyers
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating
- Chambers USA Band 1 rating
- Register of Preeminent Lawyers
Firm Practice Areas
- Employment Law - Management
- Labor Law - Management
- Litigation - Labor and Employment