Tom Myrick has a wide range of civil trial experience, including frequent appearances in both state and federal trial and appellate courts, with particular experience in business related litigation.
He has been first chair trial counsel through verdict in dozens of civil jury trials, including trials that lasted up to four months. His practice has recently been focused on handling significant commercial cases involving sophisticated damage theories.
Mr. Myrick also counsels clients engaged in complex business combinations on methods to minimize their exposure to litigation. He speaks regularly to groups of trial attorneys around the country about ongoing developments in the law. He has spoken to audiences as far away as Japan where he addressed managing product liability issues on behalf of a firm client whose product is distributed internationally.
Mr. Myrick handles cases involving:
- Business torts
- Contract disputes
- Corporate governance issues
- Franchise class action claims
- Product Liability Claims
- RICO claims
- Securities fraud
- Shareholder derivative claims
- Tax disputes
- Unfair business practices
- Certified Public Accountant for more than 20 years (currently inactive)
- Trustee since 1997 for several charitable remainder trusts with multi-million dollar portfolios
- AV peer rated in Martindale-Hubbell legal directory
- Selected as a North Carolina Top Rated Lawyer by Martindale-Hubbell
- Member, Board of Directors, and Chair, Justice Initiatives, Inc.
- North Carolina Real Estate Broker since 1978
- Featured in Law360 article
- Author, "Managing Client Expectations to Achieve Reasonable Settlement Outcomes" chapter, Settling Products Liability Claims: Leading Lawyers on Working with Clients and Opposing Counsel to Achieve Desirable Resolutions (Aspatore Books'Inside the Mind series).