Recognized since 2018
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
Natural Resources Law
Stan Harris is a shareholder with Modrall Sperling and has twenty years of litigation experience. Stan practices in the areas of public lands, natural resources, and commercial litigation. He has advised clients at the judicial, administrative, and legislative levels on federal, state, and local issues. Stan has extensive experience in the representation of parties in their disputes involving cultural property, public lands, Indian lands, oil and gas industry, environmental infrastructure matters, mining transactions, and air quality issues.
Stan also represents clients in the area of general commercial litigation, including breaches of commercial contracts, foreclosure, personal injury defense, and premises liability.
Further, Stan has represented contractors, subcontractors, and insurers in defective housing litigation, including framing, foundation, grading, and compaction claims, and in lawsuits involving single homes, multiple homes, and subdivisions.
Prior to joining Modrall Sperling, Stan served as Environmental Counsel to United States Senator Pete V. Domenici in Washington, D.C. and as Law Clerk to the Honorable Lynn Pickard, New Mexico Court of Appeals.
Stan is a member of the Natural Resources and Environment practice group. He serves as Chair of the Public Lands group, and is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee. Stan has been recognized by Best Lawyers in America®, and was named the 2020 “Lawyer of the Year” in Albuquerque in Litigation-Land Use and Zoning. Southwest Super Lawyers® recognizes Stan in Energy and Natural Resources.
Contact & Links
- 500 Fourth Street, NW, Suite 1000
P.O. Box 2168
Albuquerque, NM 87103
- University of New Mexico , J.D., graduated 1993
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in History, graduated 1990
- New Mexico, State Bar of New Mexico
- United States, U.S. District Court for the District of New Mexico
- United States, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- American Bar Association, Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources - Public Land and Resources Committee, Vice-Chair
- New Mexico - Court of Appeals
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Natural Resources Law, Albuquerque (2022)
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning, Albuquerque (2020)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® 2022 for work in:
- Natural Resources Law
- Litigation - Land Use and Zoning
- Southwest Super Lawyers® (derived from a lawyer survey), 2013-present
- Martindale-Hubbell BV® Distinguished Peer Review Rated
- Best Lawyers in America® in Litigation-Land Use and Zoning, 2018-present
Counsel to the SenateEnvironmental Counsel to U.S. Senator Pete V. Domenici, Washington, D.C.
Editor-in-CheifEditor-in-Chief, United States-Mexico Law Journal, 1992-1993
Editor-in-ChiefEditor-in-Chief, New Mexico Law Review, 1992-1993
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.