Attorney at VB PARTNERS law firm (starting from 2010).
Specialization: Dispute resolution, Criminal Defense, Corporate conflicts.
Practical experience includes provision of legal aid to companies, their top managers and shareholders, as well as to private clients in criminal law cases.
Nikita effectively defends clients at all stages of criminal proceedings, that is, both during pre-trial investigation and in court.
Nikita has accumulated exclusive in-depth experience in anti-corruption cases, including those involving illicit enrichment and filing of inaccurate assets declarations.
He also has an extensive experience in removing negative information from international databases (Bloomberg, LexisNexis, Dow Jones Riskcenter, etc.).
Nikita Nuralin’s areas of expertise also include provision of legal advice to clients on complex litigation cases, corporate law and management issues.
Acting as a national expert of the Council of Europe, Nikita worked on its various projects aimed at supporting reforms in respect of advocacy, judicature and criminal justice.
Former experience: Senior State Law Enforcement Officer at Law Enforcement Office of Severodonetsk Department of Justice (2009 – 2010).
Legislative work and other expert experience:
- 2015 – 2017 – expert of Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA) project “Effectiveness of Disciplinary Organs in the System of Justice” in cooperation with the EU Project “Support to Justice Sector Reforms in Ukraine”.
- 2016 – 2017 – expert of UBA Project “Support to Judicial Reform. Establishment of Public Council of Integrity” in cooperation with the Council of Europe Office in Ukraine.
- 2017 – national expert in the Council of Europe projects “Support to the implementation of the judicial reform in Ukraine” and “Continued support to the criminal justice reform in Ukraine”.
- 2017 – 2018 – expert of UBA Project “Action “Effective Application and Modernization of the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine in the context of the right to defense and adversarial proceedings” in cooperation with the Council of Europe Office in Ukraine.
- 2018 – expert in EU Project “Pravo Justice” in Component 2 “Judiciary and related institutions” – Assessment of Approaches and Procedures in Selection and evaluation of judges.
- 2018 – national expert in the Council of Europe project “Supporting Ukraine in the execution of judgments of the European Court of Human Rights”.
- 2018 – 2019 – preparation of the amendments to the Criminal Procedure Code of Ukraine in Working group under the Committee of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.