Recognized since 2014
Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
Real Estate Law
Mr. Norling serves on the Firm’s Management Committee. His practice is focused on advising clients on all aspects of their operations, including but not limited to, commercial transactions, real estate, business organizations, corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, federal and administrative compliance, business contract negotiations, and advertising law.
Mr. Norling serves his clients by providing advice on issues ranging from day-to-day operations to strategic planning. He is recognized as an industry leader in the retail automotive industry and advises dealer clients on the legal and practical aspects of the operation of a retail automotive dealership, including, without limitation, the acquisition or sale of a dealership, the commencement of dealership operations, whether through an add-point or newly acquired dealership, manufacturer and lending relationships, operational and consumer issues, ownership succession issues, licensing issues, federal and state compliance and advertising law. Mr. Norling also has significant experience advising commercial lenders in the business of providing financing to automobile dealerships. This experience includes loan documentation and structuring, workouts, enforcement and consumer-related financing issues.
As part of his practice, Mr. Norling serves as General Counsel to the Arizona Automobile Dealers’ Association, Valley Chevrolet Dealers Advertising Association, Valley Honda Dealers Marketing Association, Tucson Chevy Dealers Local Marketing Association, and several other industry related associations.
Contact & Links
- Lawyer Page: https://jsslaw.com/professionals/norling-john-c/
- One East Washington Street, Suite 1900
Phoenix, AZ 85004-2554
- The Ohio State University, J.D., graduated 1991
- Wichita State University, BS, graduated 1988
- Arizona, 1991
- Association for Attorneys and Executives in Corporate Real Estate - Member (2006 - 2009)
- Economic Development Advisory Council - Member
- National Association of Dealer Counsel - Member
- Scottsdale Airpark Committee - Member
- State Bar of Arizona - Member, Rules of Professional Conduct Committee (1999 - 2000)
- U.S. Tax Court (2002)
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit (1991)
Named "Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers® for:
- Real Estate Law, Phoenix (2019)
Recognized in The Best Lawyers® in America 2023 for work in:
- Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law
- Corporate Law
- Real Estate Law
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, Corporate and Real Estate Law (2009-2012)
- Arizona's Top Rated Lawyers, Corporate and Real Estate Law (2012)
- AV PreeminentTM Peer Review Rated
- Listed, AzBusiness Leaders in the category of Management (2022)
- Selected, Phoenix Business Journals Most Admired Leaders (2020)
Your browser is not fully compatible with our automatic printer friendly formatting.
Please use the print button to print this profile page.