Ben Zeigler is an innovative leader in tax-exempt bond financings and economic development.
Bond lawyers in South Carolina are part of a tradition of not only promoting prosperity and progress, but protecting public trust as well. Mr. Zeigler is dedicated to that tradition in the context of crafting solutions for public capital needs that are not only efficient and effective but also in the best interests of clients and the public.
He has wide experience in all areas of public finance, both tax-exempt and taxable bonds, and in economic development and incentive transactions.
- Mr. Zeigler developed legislation that will allow a rural South Carolina county to finance $60 million in school improvements to be paid through a sales tax.
- Developed legislation and financing structure that enacted the largest conservation land purchase in State’s history.
- He has developed and negotiated numerous incentive packages for industries in South Carolina.
- Mr. Zeigler represents governmental entities in South Carolina on issues relating to government organization and elections.
- He often helps school districts develop financing structures that allow them to provide quality education to their communities.
A native of Florence, Mr. Zeigler is a dedicated volunteer in the community. He serves or has served as a board member for the following organizations:
Francis Marion Trail Commission (Chairman)
McLeod Health (Board of Trustees)
Florence County Progress (Board of Directors; Chairman, Relocation Task Force; Chairman, Membership Committee; Chairman, Tourism Study Committee)
Pee Dee Land Trust (Board of Directors Chairman 2004-2008)
Francis Marion University Foundation (Board of Directors)
Florence County Museum Board
South Carolina Tourism Alliance
Initiant Healthcare Collaborative (Board of Directors)
Belle W. Baruch Foundation (Chairman, Board of Trustees)
Wright Foundation for Southern Art (Chairman, Board of Trustees)
South Carolina Golf Association (Board of Directors; Executive Committee)
South Carolina Junior Golf Association (Chairman)
St. John's Episcopal Church (Vestry 2012-2014, 2008-2010)
Mr. Zeigler received the 2015 Leadership in Law Award from South Carolina Lawyers Weekly. He was awarded the Charles Drawdy Dsitinguished Service Award in January 2015 by the South Carolina Golf Association and was named winner of the 2008 South Carolina Environmental Awareness Award for outstanding contributions toward the protection, conservation and improvement of South Carolina’s natural resources. He received the prestigious Liberty Fellowship (2007) and served as a delegate to the American Council on Germany Young Leaders Conference (2002). Prior to entering private practice, Mr. Zeigler was law clerk to The Hon. Donald S. Russell, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, and during law school was clerk to The Hon. George R. Sprague of the Massachusetts District Court.